Sydney Harbour Bridge

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest JoanneHattersley

Seeing the bridge - fine by me!

CLIMBING IT??? Whole new expereince!

Best thing we ever did - legs ached the next day tho!:cool:

Guest Gollywobbler

Jeez, Johatts

You are brave! I don't do ladders to yachts which are ashore bcause I detest both heights and concrete, I'm OK if the worst that will happen is that I will fall no more than 6ft into the oggin and I am a naffing good swimmer.

However, anyone falling off Sydney Harbour Bridge (or the Severn Bridge for that matter) will be travelling at 113mph - Terminal Velocity - by the time they hit the water. It is not rocket science to figure oiut that this would not be survivable.

Even if I were clipped on to the hilt with Instructors shouting,"Look UP, not down," I very much doubt that I could do it! I've been on ski-slopes where the Instructor has told me, "Bend more ze knees and ze should get down it OK."

I have retorted, "Forget ze knees. This thing is vertical. I am taking ze skis off and I am going to slide down it on my bum, not on ze skis. On ze bluddy skis I could get pitched into orbit. That cannot happen on my bum. The best thing ze knees can do at the minute is to help to carry ze skis on my lap, chum...!!!"

Cheers

Gill

Guest mutikonka

It is a great experience but very pricey. You get almost as good views from the pylon lookout for about 5% of the price!

246415049_70061487b7_m.jpg

Guest JoanneHattersley

Really enjoyed it though. Having never been to Sydney before it was 1 of those "always wanted to do" things!

COSt me $179 - well worth it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bonnie and Clyde

We did the bridge, loved it - great experience, if fact loved it so much we went back the next day and did it again!!!

Would recommend to anyone and even those fraid of heights cos it doesn't feel at all scary - promise :cute:

B & C

Guest JoanneHattersley
I so wanted to do this when I was in Sydney, but the children weren't old enough and it wasn't an experience that I wanted to do by myself - maybe next time.

Ali

Our legs ached the next day but it was something on my "things to do in oz" list and i was so happy that I could cross it off!

Guest Ron & Chel

Hi Guys

Dont know about the bridge climb at that sort of money but you can catch the boat from circular quey over to taronger zoo then take the chair lift up to the zoo what a VIEW

23_34_2.gif

Archived