buying a used car in Sydney

AaronS

I have just bought a used car here in Sydney. After looking at Gumtree and going down the Parramatta road we decided to just go for main dealerships who seemed a little better and at least you get some sort of warranty. We wanted a small Toyota and I ended up with a small Hyundai! But the price age and kms were right. If you buy privately, there is a website called mrtune.com.au that will do a pre-purchase check in the vehicle for around $200 whuch might be worth it seeing as most used have a lot of kms on them. Always ask to check the logbook or call the dealership who carried out the services as this will give you an idea of the real kms (and if they have been put back... Happened to a colleague's son, they had taken off 100.000 kms!) but most main dealers are ok.

Try the vehicle auctions, I just had a quick look and you could get this vehicle

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/item/-/details/07-07--Nissan--Pathfinder--R51-MY07-ST-L--Wagon/103196453

don't buy it at this price though, wait for the car to go to Auction as you'll get it cheaper.

Many dealers buy at auction then wack a few grand on top to make a profit. Most of the cars are ex fleet cars.

I know cause i used to work for this company.

good luck

Archived