Which company to ship my cat?

Sherbetdip23

I'm looking into this at the moment so will be interested to hear too. So far most people I've spoken to recommend air pets although they were significantly more expensive than the quote we got from PBS.

I'm looking into this at the moment so will be interested to hear too. So far most people I've spoken to recommend air pets although they were significantly more expensive than the quote we got from PBS.

Well, I have just been on the phone to Airpets and I wasn't particularly impressed with the woman on the other end of the phone - it all seemed a bit of an effort to speak to me and she didn't seem particularly clued up on anything!

I then spoke to a lovely guy called Bob at PetAir UK and he couldn't have been more helpful. He was very reassuring and definitely knew his stuff! The only problem I am coming up against at the moment though is this new rabies vaccination! If you ship your cat after Jan 1st the cat has to have had the rabies injection and isn't allowed to travel until 6 months after the all clear from the blood test they have a month after the rabies injection! This make a total of 7 months until she can travel if I were to get the injection today! Yes, I know she can stay in quarrantine for this time but at a cost of $1005 per month that's going to be two and a half months until she could get out of there (if we had her injected today) and having looked at the size of the place they have to stay in I really don't think it's fair. TBH I am seriously thinking of not taking her with us now. I don't want to have to put her through all that trauma. It was going to be hard enough taking her and putting her in quarrantine for 30 days but this is not good. I had thought about her staying with someone over here beforehand whilst we go out there and then ship her nearer the time she gets the ok to travel but even that is more stress for her wondering what's happening. :arghh:

I've just emailed them for a quote. Bugsy (my cat) went for his rabies jab today so he'll be ready to go in 6 months. We're fortunate that he'll be able stay with my dad before he leaves to join us and our other (to elderly to travel) cat with be there with him.

I've just emailed them for a quote. Bugsy (my cat) went for his rabies jab today so he'll be ready to go in 6 months. We're fortunate that he'll be able stay with my dad before he leaves to join us and our other (to elderly to travel) cat with be there with him.

Hiya

That's good. How much was the rabies jab? I was told by Bob that it is actually 6 months from the date they get the blood test results - which is a month after the jab, making it 7 months until they can travel. We are also leaving our elderly cat here too! I'm wondering if my neighbour might look after my young one until she can be shipped. When are you going?

It's 6 months from the blood test that they can be released from quarantine - as they still have to be in quarantine for a minimum of 30 days, they can actually travel 5 months after the blood test :)

Ah that's fab news! Thank you :biggrin: Just been and taken Ruby to have her vaccination - thought I'd better get in and do it quick! :biggrin:

Hi

Our cat had his rabbies jab two weeks ago and he has his blood sample in another two weeks time. We are using PetAir uk and they also advised that Heccy can spend the last 30 days of the 6 month quota in quarantine which is a relief as we fly the 8th March oursleves and we wanted Heccy to go a couple of days before us. So, its all just in the nick of time.

Even if your fluffy one Sherbetdip has to stay in a few extra days it will be worth it and they soon forget. I am more anxious about him flying!

:animal-cat:

Hi

Our cat had his rabbies jab two weeks ago and he has his blood sample in another two weeks time. We are using PetAir uk and they also advised that Heccy can spend the last 30 days of the 6 month quota in quarantine which is a relief as we fly the 8th March oursleves and we wanted Heccy to go a couple of days before us. So, its all just in the nick of time.

Even if your fluffy one Sherbetdip has to stay in a few extra days it will be worth it and they soon forget. I am more anxious about him flying!

:animal-cat:

Thanks lucky - we are hoping to fly out Feb time so will need her to stay with someone before that if we do. Good luck with your plans!

Archived