decluttering but very sentimental

Libbysmummy

I have started to declutter the house but i'm finding it really hard to part with the kids stuff ie pictures from school things they had from birth! Toys too as my daughter is 6 and has a room full!

How did everyone else find this or should i just sod it and take everything?:wacko:

Libbysmummy x

Guest The Pom Queen

Is there family who you could leave a couple of boxes with? This is what we did and then when they come to visit they keep bringing little bits out.

We are moving to Sydney in 6 weeks and I'm doing the same as you. Trying to de-clutter but I end up reminiscing and putting it all back in the boxes! I'm chucking hardly anything of the girls stuff, if it fits in the container I'm taking it!

Good luck

The trick is to start with the easy stuff - don't start decluttering with the stuff that's really sentimental, start with clothes and easy things :)

Then you'll be in the groove by the time you get around to the kids stuff and it'll actually be much easier than you think. Just don't expect to actually throw out much of the emotional stuff :)

Oh this sounds so familiar - my OH and I are having this debate right now!

He doesn't seem to understand why I want to keep all their first pictures etc in their treasure boxes.

I have decided most of it will have to come with us, I'd rather get rid of other stuff that I could buy again than these irreplaceable things!

OH rolls eyes LOL! I may have to conceed that he can throw away their birthday cards as I have kept all they have ever had!:wink:

Helen

Archived