Cat 5's who are now Cat 3's after recent WA changes

Chris N Lora

Guest Scissor Sister
I know it has been started and left after people have got there PR, but it could it could be a good idea to do another one.

Hi Guys been a while since last visit, Does anybody have a link regarding recent changes?

Hoping to be in Cat 3.

Just wondering did you redo your skill assessment based on the new ANZSCO code? Else how could a 2008/2009 applicant with old ANSCO can relisted in Cat3? Aren't Cat 1-4 must be under new ANZSCO code?

Hi I got moved from cat 5 to ca4 because occupation put back on SOL I am 2008 applicant I now have a Case Officer so no you don't have to redo your skills assessment.:biggrin:

My occupation is listed in SA SMP and I have 7.0 band in IELTS. I think I can apply for SA SMP . They have mentioned the IELTS and Assessment should be date valid. But I applied to DIAC in september 2008 , hence my IELTS and Assessment was dated in 2008. I applied for ACT SMP previously with the same IELTS and Assessment and they accepted. Shall I apply or not. Please guide me

Guest sun lovers
I know it has been started and left after people have got there PR, but it could it could be a good idea to do another one.

Well done for starting this thread, we lodged our 175 but got an agent to lodged our 176 have emailed the agent but they just said their responsibilty ended once the application was lodged. When i rang WA they said they would probably contact the agent or we would have to reaply, i emailed him twice last week and he hasn't replied,

so it will be good to watch just in case he dosn't inform me.

Will also call him today,

Guest Scissor Sister
Scissor,

Like my wife a Hairdresser, welcome to CAT 3!!!!!!

Great news huh, fingers crossed we will get a CO asap, I keep reading the list I just want all our apps done now before they change it again.

Hi Chris N Lora this is great news.Thanks for all the updates.We are 176 WASS. Lodged June 2009.

My occupation is listed in SA SMP and I have 7.0 band in IELTS. I think I can apply for SA SMP . They have mentioned the IELTS and Assessment should be date valid. But I applied to DIAC in september 2008 , hence my IELTS and Assessment was dated in 2008. I applied for ACT SMP previously with the same IELTS and Assessment and they accepted. Shall I apply or not. Please guide me

Hi Thilagamdiraviam,

WA will accept these if you have a pending application with DIAC with the mentioned documents, this is from experience, go ahead and lodge !

Guest majorie c
We spoke to DIAC last night, they said if you have been moved up to cat 3 then you should have a CO within 6/8 weeks if not call back and ask why not.

Hopefully it will move forward now at pace.

Tania did your status change on the DIAC website to processing further?

Did they confirm WA hairdresser are in Cat 3 now? Thanks....

Did they confirm WA hairdresser are in Cat 3 now? Thanks....

Yeah we explained that our trade is back on list, she was really helpful and stated they were automatically aware on the system and that it is awaiting an allocation to a CO and if not heard from them in 6/8 weeks call asking why not!!!

Guest majorie c
Yeah we explained that our trade is back on list, she was really helpful and stated they were automatically aware on the system and that it is awaiting an allocation to a CO and if not heard from them in 6/8 weeks call asking why not!!!

Oh... thank you thank you so much.....:biglaugh:

Hi Chris n Lora

We are 2010 475 applicants , and my occupation is on the new WA list but i wondered if you would know if i would have to have a job offer in place to enable me to apply for state sponsorship ?

I understand that you are on a different visa and so different limitations apply.

Thanks Jason and Amanda

Guest matt and sarah
Hi Chris n Lora

We are 2010 475 applicants , and my occupation is on the new WA list but i wondered if you would know if i would have to have a job offer in place to enable me to apply for state sponsorship ?

I understand that you are on a different visa and so different limitations apply.

Thanks Jason and Amanda

I am applying for a WA state sponsorship and do not have a job offer. The application does have a section on it for job prospects, it would be more desirable but not a requirement.

Hope this helps

Sarah and Matt

We spoke to DIAC last night, they said if you have been moved up to cat 3 then you should have a CO within 6/8 weeks if not call back and ask why not.

Hopefully it will move forward now at pace.

Tania did your status change on the DIAC website to processing further?

That was my problem as my application was lodge paper based so I couldn't check at all

Archived