marie197500

any bricklayers on this site quick question

hi we are looking to move to melbourne(victoria) and just wondered what the average wekly take home wage is for a brickie.

many thanks

marie

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest rick n steph hoggard

Iam going to Newcastle hopefully in october to stay with relatives on a recce,i will let u know.But from what i know u can start on 50 dollars an hour and i read in another reply u can get a dollar a brick and adollar 50 for a block.The50 dollars an hour came from a mate who just activated his visa and just got back to sell up and go.reply if u hear anything.

Guest digger2475

hello to any one, looking to move to Melbourne with my family, Karl(38),Mel(40), Shannon(12) and Alex(8) been a bricky 13 years working for George Wimpye at the moment. TRA sent of 4 weeks ago just waiting for results, can any one advice on,

average weekly wage

is there plenty of building work

wots the average weather like (all year round)

Guest scott 1979
    hello to any one, looking to move to Melbourne with my family, Karl(38),Mel(40), Shannon(12) and Alex(8) been a bricky 13 years working for George Wimpye at the moment. TRA sent of 4 weeks ago just waiting for results, can any one advice on,

average weekly wage

GOOD LUCK with your TRA mate im only down the road in donny im a bricky and were off next week so i will let you know via poms in oz what the crack is with money etc

GOOD LUCK you should hear back soon from tra it took me 3 weeks with mine last year

Guest digger2475

hia mate thanks for the reply good luck out there, wear are you going to. let me no as much as possible if you don't mind once again thanks and all the best.

from karl,mel & kids.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

Since two of you are asking about the situation for brickies in Melbourne, I ran a search on here but drew a blank. Right. Poach information from the Rival Concern in that case!

Please see this thread:

Warning for bricklayers - Page 5 : British Expat Discussion Forum

and this link, on which there are several threads to choose from:

British Expats - Search Results

If what you read on BE inclines you to think of bricklaying in WA instead, then Billy - who posts on here as billy braveheart - is a Scottish bricklayer working in Perth.

There is a huge amount of building work going on around Perth at the moment, with infill biulding going on all the way from South Perth down to Bunbury because they are putting in a new rail line which I think goes some of the way to Bunbury if not all of the way.

Cal (moderator) on here lives near Brisbane. She says there is a huge amount of building work going on there as well. If so, there must be a demand for brickies there too. I don't know what the pay is currently like in QLD or WA but Billy should be able to tell you about WA and Aldo on here should be able to tell you about brickies' wages in QLD.

Cheers

Gill

average weekly wage

Weather

Like the U.K but add 10 Deg C to temp all year around.

have a look at thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/victoria/26500-melbourne-weather-truth-new-post.html

EU bank bail-in rules as of January 1st, 2016.

Your excess savings are liable for confiscation in the event of a financial crisis at your bank.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/20131212IPR30702/deal-reached-on-bank-%E2%80%9Cbail-in-directive%E2%80%9D