Central Coast Beaches - Where to go?

melaniecharlton

Hello Central Coasters,

I live in Berowra and fancy heading to the beach tomorrow with my kids.

Just looking at a map can you rate the following beaches, dont know which one to go to. Can you advise which are good for kids or if I should avoid any?

Pearl beach

Ettalong beach

Pretty beach

MacMasters Beach

Copacabana

Avoca beach

Terrigal beach

Forresters beach

Bateau bay

Shelly beach

The Entrance

Long jetty

Toowoon bay

Wamberal

Thank you,

Mel

Hi Mel..

I haven't been to all of the beaches on your list but terrigal and avoca both fab beaches. Not sure how old the children are but Avoca has a great place for the children to swim and play enclosed pool like area, there is also a great park.. Copacabana is also nice and I am told Pretty Beach is as well. Bateau is also nice but nothing there so might be a bit quiet this time of year.. anyway hope that helps.

All the best

Nikci

hi i dont live there yet but trying to sell house and come over but we went to the entrance pretty good for kids there especially if its the kids holidays they put more things on there

Yes - you can watch the Pelican show at The Entrance. And then there is the joke about the Gosford skirt.

With kids I def say The Entrance, Terrigal or Avoca. Avoca would be first choice as huge playground, safe swimming & amazing cafe. I got married in Terrigal & its great but less kid friendly imo. V.jealous!

Hi Guys,

Went to Avoca and it was FAB! Kids loved the rock pool. Very family friendly.

Whats this about the Gosford skirt Fleabo?

I will explore the other beaches next.

Thanks all

xxxx

Mel

A Gosford skirt (an exceedingly short skirt) is so called as they are just south of The Entrance (as is Gosford). It is very rude I know :embarrassed:

It reminds of my mother in law, who, when seeing some young babe in hotpants with too much thigh flesh showing, would comment (loudly) 'I can almost see what she had for breakfast!'.:embarrassed:

Great beaches - glad you had a nice time.

Archived