PIO Perth Meet (At last)

ali

Anyone up for a meet ?

When: Sunday December 2nd?

Where: Kings Park Lottery West Childrens area, The entry to this part of the park is off Kings Park Road (UBD page 1 ref C7)

Time: 11am onwards

Facilities: Barbecue, Kiosk and Picnic Area

I can bring a soccer ball and footy ball , our cricket bat broke but we still have wickets and a ball!!

Bring your own Grub and Grog!

Anything I forgot - please add to it.

Ali

Guest ontheup
Anyone up for a meet ?

When: Sunday December 2nd?

Where: Lottery West Childrens area, The entry to this part of the park is off Kings Park Road (UBD page 1 ref C7)

Time: 11am onwards

Facilities: Barbecue, Kiosk and Picnic Area

I can bring a soccer ball and footy ball , our cricket bat broke but we still have wickets and a ball!!

Bring your own Grub and Grog!

Anything I forgot - please add to it.

Ali

Ali

if we have made it out by that time (hoping beginning of Nov) we will come along. Don't know if we can bring much sports stuff - may not have container by then - but will bring what we can.:smile:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Ali

Would it be OK with you if I sugegst to Elaine (my sister) that she, Neil, the boys (13 & 10) plus Mamma go along?

If this would be OK, don't worry about the cricket kit because Peter (13) is crazy about cricket and can doubtless supply a willow bat, pads, box etc.

Cheers

Gill

Guest UK2Perth

Hi Ali,

Wish I could go but we don't come out until January at the earliest! I've emailed the details to Mark though, he may be able to make it and meet up with you. Jo x

Gill, of course if they want to come. this area of the park is great for the kids as there's a climbing frames, play area and lots of space for them to run around

Jo, we'll be sure to have another one when you and minlady arrive

Ali

Guest haze,n,mart

hi ali

sorry but don,t look like we will make this one either .we haven,t got our visa yet (waiting on the x-ray med backlog ) but we also haven't sold our house . hopefully we will make the next one let us all know how it goes . have fun

hazel x

Guest Nicki Kefford

Unfortunately, we won't be over either, and its not looking good for January when we'd like to come as haven't sold the house !!

So, hopefully would love to come for the next one to meet you all - fingers crossed.

Have a good time though,

Nicki :wubclub:

• 1 month later...
Guest Austrainee

Are PIO still meeting up on 2nd December? I have been here on my own for two weeks (though meeting lots of people obviously) so it would be fantastic to meet some others who have made the move.

Karen

Guest The Picketts

Hi Ali - how about having a pole with a PiO T-Shirt or some sort of home made flag on it so we can all spot you? Just a thought!

Looking forward to meeting everyone too - rgds Cheryl

If you'd like to bring one Cheryl that'd be great!! I'm hoping that the first pagola is free so that will we easy to spot us. If people PM me I can give you my mobile and we can do that lost in the supermarket thing where you ring your OH's mobile phone and say "where are you" - my other suggestion was for one member of each group attending wear something to make them stand out as a pom!!

Ali

I thought a soccer shirt, or long shorts, white socks (pulled up) a hanky on your head - or an aussie hat with corks on - there must be loads of stuff where people will take one look at you and think "pom" - perhaps we should start another thread?

Ali

I thought a soccer shirt, or long shorts, white socks (pulled up) a hanky on your head - or an aussie hat with corks on - there must be loads of stuff where people will take one look at you and think "pom" - perhaps we should start another thread?

Ali

Where is it going to be held in Kings Park Ali?

I only really know the road that leads to the Cenotaph and the view looking down onto that big horrible monstrosity of a convention centre that has spoiled the skyline ........... ....... we usually park close to the statue of Queen Elizabeth 1st which has a couple of field guns scattered close by............... is that anywhere near where the Poms will be?

We have to pick up an overseas visitor arriving from the Philippines............ not sure what time the flight arrives at this point................ but I am hoping to be at Kings Park.

Hi Bob,

It would be great if you can come (and bring your guest), I'll try to get Nigel or Tom to wear their North End Shirt (I think we even have a little North End Flag!!).

The meet is at the lottery west childrens area, which is quite a big area - stuff for the kids to do and space for adults to relax.

If you look in your UBD it's page 1 ref C7

Ali

Ali

No, but I've got an England Flag, hopefully we'll have all forgotton the shambles that was the European qualifiers by then lol.

Anyway - I'll be the one shouting "Tom don't do that" in a lancashire accent

Ali

Hi Bob,

It would be great if you can come (and bring your guest), I'll try to get Nigel or Tom to wear their North End Shirt (I think we even have a little North End Flag!!).

The meet is at the lottery west childrens area, which is quite a big area - stuff for the kids to do and space for adults to relax.

If you look in your UBD it's page 1 ref C7

Ali

Ali

I'll dust off the old North End shirt then..................... how big is Tom?

I'm sure I have North End shirts galore somewhere................ probably only worn at most 3 or 4 times by our lads.

They all became Man Utd fans............... and hardly wore their PNE shirts.

We got Ernie Hannigan to sign one of them at a Joondalup Jacks match i was sponsoring at the Arena one day.

Toms 8, he's a man utd fan too (although did waver when Chelsea won - there's no loyalty at a young age), Nigel is still a north end fan and I'm a man utd fan. Tom has loads of different soccer shirts, a friends daughter gave him her old celtic shirt before we came away - it's still too big but every now and again he tries it on lol. He does have this seasons PNE shirt (not that it's doing them any good) - lets hope the new manager can turn things around.

Ali

Just a reminder that the meet is this sunday - hope you can all make it. If you want to exchange mobile numbers (in case we can't find everyone) please PM. Looking forward to meeting you all

Ali

p.s. I'm bringing a soccer ball - has anyone got a cricket bat?

Archived