Initial accomodation upon arrival?

Mccaffrey

Hi all,

I'm heading over to Perth (Northbridge) in 3 weeks and I'm in a hurry to finalise some accomodation before touch down.

I've been reviewing my accomodation options and thought I'd try and get some guidance on how these things are generally done?

Do people stay in Hotels for the first 2-4 weeks (about $1000/week) or arrange some form of rental from overseas? Ideally I'd like to view rentals when I am there rather than just take a stab at it from the UK.

One short term solution could be a Hostel I have found in Northbridge that looks reasonable (4* status) and is $300/week which seems tempting, but I am concerned that hostels aren't really designed for those with a 9-5 job.

Any feedback or guidance will be appreciated!

Thanks

Sean

Hi Sean

Welcome to the forum. Many people stop in short term fully furnished rentals for the first 3-4 weeks and try and organise a longer term 6-12 month unfurnished rental in that time. You could have a look on stayz.com.au for short term holiday style accommodation or have a look at thye accommodation section on our sister site @ http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/accommodation-available/ Several members rent our short term furnished accommodation, especially catering for new arrivals.

You could also have a look at gumtree.

For longer term unfurnished rentals, have a look at http://www.realestate.com.au/rent

Hi all,

I'm heading over to Perth (Northbridge) in 3 weeks and I'm in a hurry to finalise some accomodation before touch down.

I've been reviewing my accomodation options and thought I'd try and get some guidance on how these things are generally done?

Do people stay in Hotels for the first 2-4 weeks (about $1000/week) or arrange some form of rental from overseas? Ideally I'd like to view rentals when I am there rather than just take a stab at it from the UK.

One short term solution could be a Hostel I have found in Northbridge that looks reasonable (4* status) and is $300/week which seems tempting, but I am concerned that hostels aren't really designed for those with a 9-5 job.

Any feedback or guidance will be appreciated!

Thanks

Sean

Hi

Have you managed to find something short term? We are in the exact same boat as you, going in 3 weeks time and still looking for something for a few weeks. :arghh:

Hi

Have you managed to find something short term? We are in the exact same boat as you, going in 3 weeks time and still looking for something for a few weeks. :arghh:

Hi,

I havent managed to find anything as of yet.

I think I'm going to book a hotel for the first two weeks and by which point I hope to have found something more permanent.

I'm in the process of trawling through the web site Stayz, very pricey I must say but if needs must until we can physically go and check out long term rentals, we've questioned some of the prices quoted against what they've advertised then suddenly get an e-mail stating it's no longer available, hmm strange, sent several more inquiries this evening, lets see what happens next, I do hope you have some luck soon, I see a little gap in the market for an accommodation rep helping novices like ourselves.:confused:

I'm in the process of trawling through the web site Stayz, very pricey I must say but if needs must until we can physically go and check out long term rentals, we've questioned some of the prices quoted against what they've advertised then suddenly get an e-mail stating it's no longer available, hmm strange, sent several more inquiries this evening, lets see what happens next, I do hope you have some luck soon, I see a little gap in the market for an accommodation rep helping novices like ourselves.:confused:

Hi, we are hoping to be in Perth in Jan and i see what you mean by expensive. i realise its the summertime but places i have looked at are different in price when you request details and if you challenge this its no longer available or they can't accomodate for 8 people. Its a nightmare. Good luck i hope you find somewhere.

Hi Natty T

We've just nicely secured somewhere, reasonable considering other prices with the option of extra weeks if needed, great communications, friendly and helpful a bit like it was back in the 70's in the UK, we have used www.ozhouserental.com if your stuck ask Tracy, she was great. :biggrin:

Hi Natty T

We've just nicely secured somewhere, reasonable considering other prices with the option of extra weeks if needed, great communications, friendly and helpful a bit like it was back in the 70's in the UK, we have used www.ozhouserental.com if your stuck ask Tracy, she was great. :biggrin:

Hi, thanks for the reply, i am in contact with Tracy, she is really helpful, i can't book anything yet as we need to sell the house. Where abouts is your rental?

Hi, thanks for the reply, i am in contact with Tracy, she is really helpful, i can't book anything yet as we need to sell the house. Where abouts is your rental?

Thanks guys for the positive feedback, and so glad we can help.:smile: . We do know how hard it is to get something sorted from overseas, we really struggled when we came over.

Thanks again :hug:

Tracey

http://www.ozhouserental.com

Archived