Family New to Mountain Creek area

Nickster

My husband and I and our 2 boys aged 8 and 5 have just moved to Mountain Creek and would love to hear of anyone else in the area (Mooloolaba/Buderim/Sippy Downs)

Boys have just started school at Mountain Creek, husband started work and I am a bit of a loss!! Not working until after school holidays so would be lovely to hear from any other mums in the area!

:biggrin:

Guest Williams clan
My husband and I and our 2 boys aged 8 and 5 have just moved to Mountain Creek and would love to hear of anyone else in the area (Mooloolaba/Buderim/Sippy Downs)

Boys have just started school at Mountain Creek, husband started work and I am a bit of a loss!! Not working until after school holidays so would be lovely to hear from any other mums in the area!

Hi we are moving to mountain creek area in the next few weeks and in bright water at mountain creek early next year when home is built ...hubby wife and 8 yr old son

Hi we are moving to mountain creek area in the next few weeks and in bright water at mountain creek early next year when home is built ...hubby wife and 8 yr old son

cool, would be great to meet up when you get into the area. Send us a message when you arrive and we will arrange something. What school will your son be going to?:biggrin:

Guest Williams clan
cool, would be great to meet up when you get into the area. Send us a message when you arrive and we will arrange something. What school will your son be going to?:biggrin:

Will do having everything boxed up next week and should be over within next2/3 weeks ... Where a bouts are you guys based in mountain creek .... He will be going to nambour :spinny:

Hi, we have just booked our flights and will be arriving 20th October and are thinking of Mountain Creek as 'THE' place we want to go. Need to sort out short term and long term rentals so any pointers you could give us on these would be most welcome. We have 2 boys 9 and 4 and it would be great to meet up.

Guest Williams clan

Hiya we just got back last weekend from our last before we go visit we rented in minyama and have an apartment there till our new home us finished in bright water will be coming over end of month early October we have one son 8 be great to catch up keep in touch

Will do having everything boxed up next week and should be over within next2/3 weeks ... Where a bouts are you guys based in mountain creek .... He will be going to nambour :spinny:

We are renting actually in Mountain Creek, Glenfields. Boys are going to Mountain Creek state school. Where about in UK are you coming from?:laugh:

Guest Williams clan
We are renting actually in Mountain Creek, Glenfields. Boys are going to Mountain Creek state school. Where about in UK are you coming from?:laugh:

We are coming from the midlands we just got back from oz last weekend was last setup trip we were and will be renting in minyama till home is built where are you all from:biggrin:

Hi, we have just booked our flights and will be arriving 20th October and are thinking of Mountain Creek as 'THE' place we want to go. Need to sort out short term and long term rentals so any pointers you could give us on these would be most welcome. We have 2 boys 9 and 4 and it would be great to meet up.

When we first arrived we stayed in Mooloolaba in the Cotton Tree Caravan park. We had a 2 bed unit which cost 150 dollars a night. This was only for a week while we sorted a 6 month rental. Didn't find it too difficult to find a rental...looked at about 5 houses before finding this one. We loved the Mountain Creek area because their seems to be loads of families, parks and child friendly roads! The local state school is big but our boys have only been there for 3 days so far and have settled well. Will your boys be going to state school over here? We managed to get a 4 bed with pool which we didn't think we would find so easily. My husband is in the building trade and has found that his line of work has been quite quiet on the sunshine coast and will have to travel nearer to Brisbane. Same for me really (although not looking quite yet!) I will probably need to look further afield for the admin/finance office work I am looking at.

Whereabouts are you coming from in the UK?:eek:

If their us anything else you need to know, just ask!

We are coming from the midlands we just got back from oz last weekend was last setup trip we were and will be renting in minyama till home is built where are you all from:biggrin:

From Kent but hubby from New Zealand...Been here 3 weeks so far and still trying to settle slowly!

Guest Williams clan

We have a 6mth rental in the apartment complex we just spent last month in touch wood our new home should be finished march/April time are breaking ground on it in October we believe....our son will be going to nambour c c it's a private school that we have visited and the school bus pick up from really close to new home, I'm in automotive industry and been offered position in brissey my good lady is thinking settle study and look into starting a business maybe .

Were coming from Warwickshire

If we can help just ask to it's all an adventure

Guest Williams clan
From Kent but hubby from New Zealand...Been here 3 weeks so far and still trying to settle slowly!

It's an adventure and what a great place to adventure :biggrin:

Hi - thanks for your messages, it's great to hear from people in the 'same boat'. We are in Sheffield and my other half is a carpenter/joiner so we will probably need to be in an area close enough to commute to Brisbane. We haven't applied to any schools, I just thought if the area is nice that we choose, the school would be nice too. It's great that your kids are settling in so well and it should get better as they make friends and join in with teams & clubs. I will have a look at Cotton Tree for the short term let. Exciting times eh? I'm going to join the facebook page (when I've found a half decent photo of us all to put on my husband's profile - so it might be a while!) so will all be able to keep in touch on there. :laugh:

Hi - thanks for your messages, it's great to hear from people in the 'same boat'. We are in Sheffield and my other half is a carpenter/joiner so we will probably need to be in an area close enough to commute to Brisbane. We haven't applied to any schools, I just thought if the area is nice that we choose, the school would be nice too. It's great that your kids are settling in so well and it should get better as they make friends and join in with teams & clubs. I will have a look at Cotton Tree for the short term let. Exciting times eh? I'm going to join the facebook page (when I've found a half decent photo of us all to put on my husband's profile - so it might be a while!) so will all be able to keep in touch on there. :laugh:

Cool..it is exciting times eh! Would be great to catch up and compare experiences. keep in touch and if anything else you want to ask or me to find out then I will message you my email address x

Guest Williams clan
Cool..it is exciting times eh! Would be great to catch up and compare experiences. keep in touch and if anything else you want to ask or me to find out then I will message you my email address x

Yes Same here let us know n will send email too:cool:

Hi guys, sorry I have been eaves dropping, we are hopefully heading down at the end of the school year which finishes Dec 9th, were up in Central Queensland at the mo. Im am very interested to here about what you think of Mountain Creek, this has been the centre of my radar for a while and im am particularly interested in Brightwater, so please let me know your thoughts. I am trying desparately to get teaching work down there and the new Brightwater school opens next year, so I have all fingers and toes crossed. We are coming down for a reccie in 2 weeks to suss it all out.

Glad things are going well for you all:biggrin:

Cheers Lis

Guest Williams clan
Hi guys, sorry I have been eaves dropping, we are hopefully heading down at the end of the school year which finishes Dec 9th, were up in Central Queensland at the mo. Im am very interested to here about what you think of Mountain Creek, this has been the centre of my radar for a while and im am particularly interested in Brightwater, so please let me know your thoughts. I am trying desparately to get teaching work down there and the new Brightwater school opens next year, so I have all fingers and toes crossed. We are coming down for a reccie in 2 weeks to suss it all out.

Glad things are going well for you all:biggrin:

Cheers Lis

Hi Lis

We brought on bright water (land) last year and have just returned to commission build which should break ground in October, the school and the shops etc are being built as I type....bright water itself will/is great for families and folk alike the cycle paths are open some great parks with BBQ areas(as always)....there's also a new hospital medical centre being built in mountain creek which everyone seems excited about and the plans of a high speed rail link to Brisbane have been approved though no time set on that yet but all the rest seems well under way, location wise (we think)it's ideal for getting to beaches and other great places as well as easy access to highways etc ...have heap of community stuff n more here on bright water as you would imagine so if can help just holla or pm us....... We should be all packed up and back by end the month,:cool:

All the best

Williams clan

Guest joannaplus4

Hi there,

Haven't been on here for ages as feet have not hit the floor since we arrived 2nd week in July. Staying at Picnic Point at the moment but waiting to move into house hopefully end of October in Buderim but Mountain Creek side. I have three children ages 9, 7 and 4. PM if you would like to meet up.

Hi there,

Haven't been on here for ages as feet have not hit the floor since we arrived 2nd week in July. Staying at Picnic Point at the moment but waiting to move into house hopefully end of October in Buderim but Mountain Creek side. I have three children ages 9, 7 and 4. PM if you would like to meet up.

:laugh:laugh:That would be great...Keep in touch and we can make arrangements when you are in the area. Will your children be going to Buderim school? Know what you mean about feet not touching the ground, it really is a manic time eh!

• 1 month later...

Not at Mooloolaba - they start at 7 there which is when they can go in the water officially.

At Alex Surf Club they can join at 5 and its beach based activity only.

They are all great clubs with really decent people in them.

If you can do your Bronze Medallion and become a surf life saver - its great fun and then yiou can help as a water safety officer at Nippers when your kid gets to 7.

You'll enjoy it.