car seats for Oz

SGHJLL

when we rented in Sydney earlier this year, we rented two booster type seats, but where then told our 8 year didnt need one, but I think I would use one anyway, our 6 year old was given a normal booster seat as we know it, police saw her in it as did various friends and no-one mentioned anything different, but I've since heard booster seats with backs are needed, so now I'm not sure either :confused:

Cal

Guest myboysjam

Hi, I was subscribed to a thread by 'snifter', just do a search for car seats, they told you everything you need to know about car seats, is a good thread xx

Hello, can anyone tell me how to find out what car seats/booster seats are allowed in Oz.

I have a 3 yr old and 6 yr old.

Are there any seats that can be used in both Uk and Oz or do we just have to buy new ones out there?

This thread will explain everything you need to know

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/123214-car-seats-australia-what-you-need-know.html

And no, no car seat you have in the UK is allowed in Aus. They will be illegal to use. Only car seats tested and approved to Aus standards are legal in Aus.

Archived