moving to perth in 2012..is anyone else?

perthpom2011

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackoanddebs

Hi perthpom2011,

I'm moving to Perth in 2012 hopefully mid March just waiting for my visa to be sorted out. I've got an uncle & auntie plus an old work mate in Freemantle but thats it, looking at making new friends out there also, hope to see you out there.

Jacko

Guest jenna1984

Hi everyone, me (27) and my husband (31) are moving to Perth on 18th March! Both from the North East. My husband is an Electrical Engineer and is trying to get some interviews arranged for when we arrive, I'm looking to go back to Uni. Hoping to secure a holiday rental for when we arrive. Just found out that our dog won't be able to join us until August, due to the rabies requirements :-(

Guest Spencer
We're here and ain't it hot!!!!!!!! Loving it so far!!!!! Staying with sister in law in Hammond Park for a few weeks!

Good for you have fun and enjoy, glad you got ther ok and no wings came off the A380! Lol

Speak soon

Spencer

Hi perthpom2011,

I'm moving to Perth in 2012 hopefully mid March just waiting for my visa to be sorted out. I've got an uncle & auntie plus an old work mate in Freemantle but thats it, looking at making new friends out there also, hope to see you out there.

Jacko

Hey there Jacko...im booking my ticket for end of feb within a couple of weeks,eeekk!!! :eek:..shall be going over with my dad and staying with my brother but deffo would like to meet new ppl so let us know how ur gettin on and we can meet up for a drink ?im around 6 miles from the city :)

Hello All,

We are moving out hopefully end of April with our 2 girls aged 7 and 3. Ive accepted a job offer so we are just waiting on visa approval. Its gone from an idea to reality for us in a matter of weeks so we have not even started with arrangements! if anyone can reccomend a good shippign company, short term accomodation ner perth and any other advice.....will be greatly appreciated!

Guest trigg2775
hey guys im moving to perth jan/feb dont know many people in perth is anyone else heading out and would like to meet up/make new friends:cool:im 27 years old

Hi perthpom2011

We are moving out the perth in may. Have you chosen a suburb to move to ??

Hello All,

We are moving out hopefully end of April with our 2 girls aged 7 and 3. Ive accepted a job offer so we are just waiting on visa approval. Its gone from an idea to reality for us in a matter of weeks so we have not even started with arrangements! if anyone can reccomend a good shippign company, short term accomodation ner perth and any other advice.....will be greatly appreciated!

hey..were are going with pickfords they are coming on the 30th jan...my brother used them we he went 5yrs ago and said they were good :)

Hey all!

We've just been granted our 176 (wahaay!) and I have booked my solo-flight over to Perth on March 8! :) My partner will follow me in September, so I'll be on my own for several months..a big adventure! Will keep an eye on this thread as would love to hear from you guys who are also making the move! Dx

Guest bevoir76
were hoping to move to perth jan feb time as well just waiting on selling the house (which is so stressfull) we have our visas, we are looking to going north of perth but have still not decided yet we would love to get to know some people as well..... we are ..... me jools 40yrs young paul also 40 but older then me zackery 6 and josh 4 im a hairdresser and paul is a painter and decorator :)

Hi Jools, I'm a hairdresser in Kent at the mo too! Heading for North Perth sept 12 (hopefully) :)

hey..were are going with pickfords they are coming on the 30th jan...my brother used them we he went 5yrs ago and said they were good :)

Thanks perthpom, I have had pickfords round last weekend for a quote, I havent heard anything from them yet though. I also looked at Anglo pacific. Cant wai o book our flighs :-)

Guest moragi8

Hi,

we are also considering Mandurah - just awaiting confirmation as to job offer for my husband. Do you have any information/websites on houses, schools, etc. in Mandurah?

thanks

Morag

Guest Tottenhamjohn
Hi,

we are also considering Mandurah - just awaiting confirmation as to job offer for my husband. Do you have any information/websites on houses, schools, etc. in Mandurah?

thanks

Morag

Hi Morag,

Mandurah will be a good place to invest in a property as there's talk of a new DisneyLand being built about 20 mins away by 2014. I've got friends who live in Mandurah, she was the one who told me.

TJ

Hi everyone,

We got our 176 visa's last June, did a reccie Sept 2011 and Loved it! We are aiming to move to Mandurah Oct 2012, we are very lucky as we have friends to stay with when we arrive. We cant wait to go but need to save up for flights, shipping, shipping our dog, money for when we arrive, deposit on rental, buying a car......

We have wanted to do this for years but actually started the process about 18months ago. Just cant wait to start our new lives! :-)

Would definitely love to make friends and would be great if there were some meet ups arranged.

Love the idea they're planning on building a Disney Land 20mind from Mandurah! How exciting!

Cara x

• 2 months later...
Guest stueytay

Hey I'm Stu, I'm moving with my parents and my brother, We've got our Visa for Perth in September, I'm either going to be looking for work or going back into university. I'm 21 and have done two years in Liverpool John Moores University, anyone interested in showing us round or come for a night out would be great.

Cheers

Stu

• 2 weeks later...
Guest baileysgirlx

Hi everyone, I'm jacqui and we are moving to Joondalup area hopefully July or August time when the children finish school aged 9 and 7! Not far from you Stu! We are in the Wirral! Just waiting to confirm my job offer then applying for our 457 visa!! Stephen me and 2 children!! Eeeekkkks!!!! Good luck everyone!! X

Guest kerry19
Hi everyone, I'm jacqui and we are moving to Joondalup area hopefully July or August time when the children finish school aged 9 and 7! Not far from you Stu! We are in the Wirral! Just waiting to confirm my job offer then applying for our 457 visa!! Stephen me and 2 children!! Eeeekkkks!!!! Good luck everyone!! X

hi, we are a family of five hoping to be there in september. if not september it will most probs be january. we are looking at the ocean reef area although that will most probably change when we get there! lol

kerry x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kerry19

hi Jacqui,

im kerry and me, oh and 3 kids moving sept/oct time to the same area hopefully. let me know how you find it:biggrin:

Guest baileysgirlx

Hi Kerry,

Oh great news! Yes we are planning on August but we haven't got a date as get! How old are your 3? We have Freya 9 and Jacob almost 7! Never been before and don't know anyone either! We are looking at currambine, ocean reef or burns beach! Got the children into a lovely catholic school! Let me know where you are up to Kerry?? X

Guest kerry19
Hi Kerry,

Oh great news! Yes we are planning on August but we haven't got a date as get! How old are your 3? We have Freya 9 and Jacob almost 7! Never been before and don't know anyone either! We are looking at currambine, ocean reef or burns beach! Got the children into a lovely catholic school! Let me know where you are up to Kerry?? X

we are in the process of getting the 176 visa and hoping to be there by october at the latest. We have two boys, yiannis aged 10, marcos aged 4 and our little princess called Eleni who is 19 months old. I dont know wether i will be able to get them in to a catholic school as they are Greek orthodox. Which school have you got them into?

We really like the look of Ocean reef and no matter where else we research we always go back and look at there on the internet!!! Its just so hard to decide anything until your there i guess but we are hoping to get a holiday rental in that area for the first 4 weeks.

keep in touch!!

kerry x