how lucky we really are

Guest51810

This thread is probably quite pointless but i was just watching the news and a story came on about a lovely little boy who had to have his arms and legs amputated, i think it was because of meningitis. He looked so cheery and happy even after all that, then they showed him after hed been giving prosthetic hands and he was even happier, his parents looked so proud of him. The news reader said he was living life to the full. It just made me awful about moaning about what ive got and i should realise how lucky i am! There i am moaning about something stupid like a bad hair week and look at what that little boy and others go through! As long as we have our heath thats the main thing really and we should live life to the full.

Anyway told you that this thread is pretty pointless but felt the need to share and hopefully ive made some other people realise how lucky they are :wubclub:

Ps. If you hear me moaning again about something non important then please tell me to shutup!! Lol

Guest sh7t man no way

its not a pointless thread at all mate--its a very important thread to me--we just don't know how lucky we are really--we get so wrapped up in our own selfish bubble that we forget there's people out there with real problems that put our problems into perspective:wubclub: the next time i hear a whinge about the weather,when people are dieing of hunger i will:arghh:there thats a rant

Yeah sometimes you need something like that to give you a reality check! Time to stop moaning about little things and try to start living life. :)

Nah,people(inc me)will allways have a little moan stacey,its allowed:smile:,we just have to keep our little gripes in "perspective" ,thats all i try to do.

I watched someone very close to me suffer for a long time till it was over,that was my own reality check,others will have had the same or similar reality checks,thats why im allways just gratefull for my health(touchwood),but i dont feel guilty having a bit of a moan,neither should you,doesnt mean we arent gratefull for what we've got,gotta get in practice for Aus after all.....whingeing pom etc eh:biggrin::wink:

Guest guest37336
Nah,people(inc me)will allways have a little moan stacey,its allowed:smile:,we just have to keep our little gripes in "perspective" ,thats all i try to do.

I watched someone very close to me suffer for a long time till it was over,that was my own reality check,others will have had the same or similar reality checks,thats why im allways just gratefull for my health(touchwood),but i dont feel guilty having a bit of a moan,neither should you,doesnt mean we arent gratefull for what we've got,gotta get in practice for Aus after all.....whingeing pom etc eh:biggrin::wink:

Bugger you Pablo, I was well into a long one then, had a look at your wise words :notworthy: and thought, 'That's What I Was Going To Say', except that mine would have taken several paragraphs,:no::embarrassed:.

Cheers Tony.

Im always moaning about really stupid things like the rain etc, sometimes i just need a little slap to shut me up lol. I'll make a very good whingeing pom if i ever do get to oz lol

Bugga me!!! A whingeing Jock!:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest guest37336

The ONE thing that really bought me up one day was this.

When I was going through a sh7te time (in my mind) I took a trip to Tesco to buy some ciggys. I was fed up, pi77ed off, bad tempered and feeling thoroughly sorry for myself, (nothing new there then,:no:)

But in front of me at the counter was a young girl, around 12 in one of those super dooper electric wheel chairs. Her legs were gone and her arms were very short, and she had a slight twitch.

Anyway as I approach the counter this young girl with all her might lifts up one of those teen magazines on to the top of the counter. The cashier said so and so and the girl struggled with all her might to get her money out of her purse, change was spilt but she eventually got the money together and paid.

Eventually she zooms off from the queue and went to two people (I presume parents) and without a word of a lie she then says, 'Told You I could Do It', the smile on her face and the pride she felt was awesome to see.

Her mum had tears rolling down her face and her dad just watched in amazement, they then went out into the car park and went on their way. I tell you what I was left standing in the queue with a feeling of absolute disgrace, feck me, my own problem soon paled into insignificance and I was truly ashamed of myself.

That is probably the ONE incident that sticks in my mind as to how lucky I was, just needed a reality check to put it into perspective as Pablo said.

Cheers Tony.

The ONE thing that really bought me up one day was this.

When I was going through a sh7te time (in my mind) I took a trip to Tesco to buy some ciggys. I was fed up, pi77ed off, bad tempered and feeling thoroughly sorry for myself, (nothing new there then,:no:)

But in front of me at the counter was a young girl, around 12 in one of those super dooper electric wheel chairs. Her legs were gone and her arms were very short, and she had a slight twitch.

Anyway as I approach the counter this young girl with all her might lifts up one of those teen magazines on to the top of the counter. The cashier said so and so and the girl struggled with all her might to get her money out of her purse, change was spilt but she eventually got the money together and paid.

Eventually she zooms off from the queue and went to two people (I presume parents) and without a word of a lie she then says, 'Told You I could Do It', the smile on her face and the pride she felt was awesome to see.

Her mum had tears rolling down her face and her dad just watched in amazement, they then went out into the car park and went on their way. I tell you what I was left standing in the queue with a feeling of absolute disgrace, feck me, my own problem soon paled into insignificance and I was truly ashamed of myself.

That is probably the ONE incident that sticks in my mind as to how lucky I was, just needed a reality check to put it into perspective as Pablo said.

Cheers Tony.

Thats a nice story. Sometimes we just need something like that to give us the shock we need

Ive decided if i dont get to oz then im going to move somewhere a bit warmer like cornwall or somewhere like that. Ive always wanted to visit, looks really nice. Just thought id share something random with you all lol

Gorgeous place Cornwall,not 100% how yer oh would be with work down there tho?

The Lake district/cumbria would be ok as well,lovely part of the world and biggish towns like preston,blackpool,carlisle nearby for work,plus not far from scotland,not as warm as cornwall but warmer than what your used to i think,ive often thought of moving up there stacey,we love it up in the lakes,ambleside especially

I used to be a person who was a bit obsessed about the British weather and how rubbish it is, but when we lived in Oz and then returned to the uk for family reasons my priorities were put in order. My priorities are now totally different, people are definitely more important than places. I still love Australia but can now see the positives about the uk. We had a great holiday in Cornwall this year and could also imagine living there. I work in intensive care and everyday I am reminded about how important simple things are.

Gorgeous place Cornwall,not 100% how yer oh would be with work down there tho?

The Lake district/cumbria would be ok as well,lovely part of the world and biggish towns like preston,blackpool,carlisle nearby for work,plus not far from scotland,not as warm as cornwall but warmer than what your used to i think,ive often thought of moving up there stacey,we love it up in the lakes,ambleside especially

Yeah i really like the lake district too. Im not sure about daves work but its awful up here aswell now, he got told he might not have any work to come back to after portugal. Hes a hard worker though and usually finds work doing anything, when theres not much work on the diggers in winter he delivers in the lorrys for companies like currys and argos, crap wages but it gets us through the winter.

Guest Guest 47403
This thread is probably quite pointless but i was just watching the news and a story came on about a lovely little boy who had to have his arms and legs amputated, i think it was because of meningitis. He looked so cheery and happy even after all that, then they showed him after hed been giving prosthetic hands and he was even happier, his parents looked so proud of him. The news reader said he was living life to the full. It just made me awful about moaning about what ive got and i should realise how lucky i am! There i am moaning about something stupid like a bad hair week and look at what that little boy and others go through! As long as we have our heath thats the main thing really and we should live life to the full.

Anyway told you that this thread is pretty pointless but felt the need to share and hopefully ive made some other people realise how lucky they are :wubclub:

Ps. If you hear me moaning again about something non important then please tell me to shutup!! Lol

Sometimes whilst we're on here moaning about the most trivial things or arguing for the sake of it we do need a reminder of how lucky we are Stacey so not pointless at all.

Guest Guest 47403
Tvs full of really sad stuff tonight! Got a program about 9/11 on the now, its horrific. Its a program from the firefighters point of view

Watched that too Stace very good program.

Watched that too Stace very good program.

Yeah it was very good but upsetting, the worst part was seeing those poor people jumping out the window. I was at primary school when it happened but i remember it like it was yesterday. All those poor fireman who died rescuing everyone, thats why i get annoyed when people treat footballers and popstars like gods and a lot of people dont give people working in the emergency servixes a second thought