Left Field Queries

Guest ontheup

Guest ontheup

Ok these 2 may seem like odd questions and I dont know if anyone will be able to help::unsure:.

How do you lose a PR visa? For example if my kids leave home and come back to the UK will their visas become invalid if they don't come back to Oz for a period?

We may be delayed by a late addition to our visa application (and there is a job at stake)- does anyone know if DIAC can/would grant the PR visas for the rest of the family and is there/ could a bridging visa arrangement be made for the last person until the PR visa is granted?

Cheers guys - hoping someone has an answer!!!:yes::notworthy:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Ontheup & Jo

I have moved this thread to the Migration Issues forum because I want to ensure that one of the agents will see it. (An experiment I shall never repeat becuse I got into one heckuva muddle trying to do it!)

Onetheup, I can sort-of answer your questions, but in an inexpert sort of way. I plan to leave it for a while and see whether one of the Agents responds because any of them could do a better job of explaning this than I can.

Cheers

Gill

1. How do you lose a PR visa?

2. For example if my kids leave home and come back to the UK will their visas become invalid if they don't come back to Oz for a period?

3. We may be delayed by a late addition to our visa application (and there is a job at stake)- does anyone know if DIAC can/would grant the PR visas for the rest of the family and is there/ could a bridging visa arrangement be made for the last person until the PR visa is granted?

OTU,

1. You can lose your permanent visa in a number of ways. One popular way by stealth is by acquiring Australian citizenship - your permanent visa ceases to be valid upon conferral of Australian citizenship as Australian citizens cannot hold an Australian visa. The next most popular way is by staying away from Australia long enough (without holding citizenship) to not be eligible for a Resident Return Visa.

You may also lose your permanent visa by getting a temporary visa granted when you already hold a permanent visa. A general rule is all subsequent visas override an existing one, with some exceptions. You could also lose your permanent visa by cancellation if you develop a taste for criminal activity.

2. See: What happens if I remain outside Australia after the expiry of the re-entry facility for my Resident Return Visa or my permanent visa? which applies to everyone holidng a permanent visa. Depending on your kids' circumstances, they may be eligible to tag on to the parents' (i.e. you) RRV application.

3. What do you mean by "late addition"? If you mean a addition to your family, then see What is my newborn baby's Australian immigration status? and the few questions/answers above it.

Cheers

Peter

Guest ontheup
OTU,

1. You can lose your permanent visa in a number of ways. One popular way by stealth is by acquiring Australian citizenship - your permanent visa ceases to be valid upon conferral of Australian citizenship as Australian citizens cannot hold an Australian visa. The next most popular way is by staying away from Australia long enough (without holding citizenship) to not be eligible for a Resident Return Visa.

You may also lose your permanent visa by getting a temporary visa granted when you already hold a permanent visa. A general rule is all subsequent visas override an existing one, with some exceptions. You could also lose your permanent visa by cancellation if you develop a taste for criminal activity.

2. See: What happens if I remain outside Australia after the expiry of the re-entry facility for my Resident Return Visa or my permanent visa? which applies to everyone holidng a permanent visa. Depending on your kids' circumstances, they may be eligible to tag on to the parents' (i.e. you) RRV application.

3. What do you mean by "late addition"? If you mean a addition to your family, then see What is my newborn baby's Australian immigration status? and the few questions/answers above it.

Cheers

Peter

Thank you all for your replies!! Peter I have PM'd you with some more transparent details!!

Thanks guys:yes:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Peter

Thank you very much indeed for your help with this thred. You have made a FAR better job of helping OTU than I could have done.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Gill

Archived