HELP - Australian Skills Assessments

Guest SueRich

Guest SueRich

Hi All,

Just a quick query as to whether anyone has used the Australian Skills Assessment to gain the AQF qualification?

My OH is a tiler and has many years experience but unfortunatley no qualification. We have been looking into the possibility of him completing an NVQ 3 - The cost of this is approx £1000 and can take approx 6 months to complete. Then I came across the Australian Skills Assessment website which talked about gaining the AQF. The cost of this was nearly £2000 but only takes approx 2 months to complete (according to the website).

I would love to hear from people who have used this company to gain their AQF and your experience. Would you recommend them?

Also, is there something i'm missing as it all sounds to easy?!? You complete a form, attach lots of evidence, have an interview and then get your qualification!!! Right?

Help and advice need please!

Sue :twitcy:

Hi All,

Just a quick query as to whether anyone has used the Australian Skills Assessment to gain the AQF qualification?

My OH is a tiler and has many years experience but unfortunatley no qualification. We have been looking into the possibility of him completing an NVQ 3 - The cost of this is approx £1000 and can take approx 6 months to complete. Then I came across the Australian Skills Assessment website which talked about gaining the AQF. The cost of this was nearly £2000 but only takes approx 2 months to complete (according to the website).

I would love to hear from people who have used this company to gain their AQF and your experience. Would you recommend them?

Also, is there something i'm missing as it all sounds to easy?!? You complete a form, attach lots of evidence, have an interview and then get your qualification!!! Right?

you have to provide evidence of work history, and it does take about 2 months . the asa is very good to use very helpfull

Guest liltman
Hi All,

Hi guy's,

We were looking at Australia a few year ago and was in similar position with Qualif's.... so done my NVQ II in Interior systems, then applied to TRA. NVQ's are not recognised in Aus they told me and was a waste of time. So went with ASA back this April and got my AQF in May. So simple and easy, Alan and Darren were so helpful and patient. Paid about £1500 in total. Done the final part via webcam with the Master Builders of Aus. and passed easily. Well worth doing and now waiting for my 457 to clear and should be off very soon..

All the best and well worth doing.... :yes:

Guest SueRich

Thanks guys.

So does that mean you don't have to have an NVQ to be assessed for an AQF? I thought you needed an NVQ and then the ASA convert this in to an AQF??? If not then we won't bother worrying about an NVQ and go straight for the Australian qualification instead

Sue!

Guest liltman
Thanks guys.

So does that mean you don't have to have an NVQ to be assessed for an AQF? I thought you needed an NVQ and then the ASA convert this in to an AQF??? If not then we won't bother worrying about an NVQ and go straight for the Australian qualification instead

Sue!

Hi Sue, No you don't need a NVQ, but it will look good on your CV. The ASA do not convert any qualif's, they are totally independent from the AQF authority. :wink: :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
Guest The Migration Guy

Hi Sue,

No qualifications needed to be assessed under RPL (Recognised Prior Learning) for an AQF III. All you need is a minimum of 4 years hands on experience in the relevant trade and they can assess you through their appropriate RTO partner (Registered Training Association). You just have to supply a good selection of evidence such as; photographs, detailed references and 4 years worth of work history which you write out on a handy template.

ASA also have a domestic site if applying to do the process onshore in Aus which actually works out a bit cheaper depending on which state you are in.

Best of luck!

Guest JulianP

Sue, INFORM YOUR OH TO NOT WASTE HIS TIME DOING AN NVQ!!!!! ITS WORTHLESS!!!! As the Ozzie job market does not recognize NVQ you will be wasting your time and more than that your money in doing an NVQ first. Trust me, I've been through this process before, all your other half has to do is provide as much info as possible as to where he worked for how long and what he has been doing. That will all count in his favour and will count towards RPL. Feel free to PM me and I'll answer whatever questions you may have, as I said before I've been through this process the beginning of the year.

j