Rural places in Tassie

family S

We're looking at places to live in Tassie.

We love peace and quiet, don't mind to travel half an hour to go to judo, swimming, work or the store.

But we don't have a big budget either.

Hubby likes to work around Hobart.

Thinking about home-schooling the kids.

Don't know why, but south of Hobart appeals the most, but it isn't a must.

What are nice places to live? :biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi, two of our members SS and Skani both live in Tasmania and have posted some good information on the boards before.

Good luck with your move.

Kate

Hiya Family S.

Sorry i can't help you much with Hobart. When I was in Oz. I got stuck in the Tamar valley. I loved it sooo much! About half an hour from Launceston. Lovely and Rural, amazing scenery, and great people, yet a perfect distance from the city.

Well, the ozzies kept saying that Launy wasn't really a city, but to me it was fairly big.

Kind of not really helping here am I! Haha, sorry. I am sure Susie will be along soon to give you the heads up on all things Tasmanian. I hope you have the most fantastic time in Tas, I am a little jealous! LOL, I'll be back there soon enough though.

Good luck, and enjoy!

We're looking at places to live in Tassie.

We love peace and quiet, don't mind to travel half an hour to go to judo, swimming, work or the store.

But we don't have a big budget either.

Hubby likes to work around Hobart.

Thinking about home-schooling the kids.

Don't know why, but south of Hobart appeals the most, but it isn't a must.

What are nice places to live? :biggrin:

With all the criteria you mention I would look at the Channel district south of Kingston - Margate, Snug, Woodbridge, Kettering - and the hills behind - Sandfly, Allens Rivulet, Nicholls Rivulet etc., down to Cygnet and along the Huon River to Huonville, Ranelagh and back towards Hobart - Grove, Longley, Neika, Fern Tree. That would be my pick.

In other directions you can go along the Derwent Valley towards New Norfolk - Collinsvale, Lachlan etc. but it can be very cold/foggy in winter and hot in summer as the sea breeze doesn't reach there.

Or on the Eastern Shore past Cambridge towards Richmond, Campania. However these areas are drier than the others - not always an advantage as you will probably be dependent on tank water for your household and for a garden. (A recent survey revealed that 44% of Tasmanians grow their own vegetables)

Guest Albert Earwicker

Hi

I live in Burnie and have done for 10 yrs I find it quite peasefull, I live on the side of the hill overlooking the town and the docks, its 5min walk to the town and the same to the beach, the road we live in is a private rd with only 5 houses in it, we like the area

Albert

Archived