Nurse 457 visa nomination query

Guest catbells

Guest catbells

Hi,

I have received a form from a state hospital whom I've applied for a nursing job and they are sponsoring me on a 457 nomination. The form asks for visa details, and other personal stuff, ect. Can anyone out there give me a plan of action on how the process works, and what I should be doing first. I am now granted eligible from AHPRA, however I haven't received the job offer. Do the employers seek a nomination for me first? Should I seek health insurance now too. Unsure of this process

Please respond asap

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aoneill
Hi,

I have received a form from a state hospital whom I've applied for a nursing job and they are sponsoring me on a 457 nomination. The form asks for visa details, and other personal stuff, ect. Can anyone out there give me a plan of action on how the process works, and what I should be doing first. I am now granted eligible from AHPRA, however I haven't received the job offer. Do the employers seek a nomination for me first? Should I seek health insurance now too. Unsure of this process

Please respond asap

Thank you

Hi, I am was interested in how you applied for sponsorship, is there any websites that i could look at. I have just lodged with aphra in sydney, don't know how long that it take thro. all the best and keep us posted on info when u receive it

Guest catbells
Hi, I am was interested in how you applied for sponsorship, is there any websites that i could look at. I have just lodged with aphra in sydney, don't know how long that it take thro. all the best and keep us posted on info when u receive it

AHPRA took 7 weeks. Apply to all the hospitals as these places will be sponsorship approved. Send CV and polite letter to the HR or on their current vacancies, find a lead name on job spec. You will get sponsored, no doubt Good luck, Catbells

Guest MrsRtobe
Hi,

Please respond asap

Thank you

We are in the middle of the process, but can offer you what information we have gained so far... Having received the job offer, the employer then had to seek nomination approval (which took 3.5wks), unless of course they are already approved nominators. Although you can submit your application before the nomination is approved, we were advised against it. While waiting for the nomination approval, you can prepare the application and collate all the documents you'll need. We then lodged our visa application after the nomination was approved, and we're waiting to hear back (fingers crossed).

With regards to the health insurance, we have taken out travel insurance to cover us until we get to Oz, then plan to take out medical insurance when we get there (and have a residential address).

I don't know if there are any additional requirements for nursing. The above is just our experience so far. Maybe it'll help. The company you're going to work for should be able you to offer you more guidance on the process.

Guest catbells
We are in the middle of the process, but can offer you what information we have gained so far... Having received the job offer, the employer then had to seek nomination approval (which took 3.5wks), unless of course they are already approved nominators. Although you can submit your application before the nomination is approved, we were advised against it. While waiting for the nomination approval, you can prepare the application and collate all the documents you'll need. We then lodged our visa application after the nomination was approved, and we're waiting to hear back (fingers crossed).

With regards to the health insurance, we have taken out travel insurance to cover us until we get to Oz, then plan to take out medical insurance when we get there (and have a residential address).

I don't know if there are any additional requirements for nursing. The above is just our experience so far. Maybe it'll help. The company you're going to work for should be able you to offer you more guidance on the process.

Thank you, your advice is welcome. I have now received a job offer and signed a contract. I'm awaiting nomination now. UK references have been seeked too. I feel things are being actioned and more positive. I will begin to search for travel insurance. This seems more appropriate as choosing private health insurance to start now appears too expensive and prefer to begin this cover when we arrive. Thank you

Also do you know how to seek a school admission for a 9 and 12 year old in Perth. We will not be seeking private schooling and where do I find out about public fees on a 457 visa?

Thanks again

Catbells

Guest loveaussies

Can Someone help me please!!!!!!!!

I got eligibility letter from Ahpra and to complete the registration process they want me to submit my ID's with police clearence certificate to any Ahpra office in person within one year of this eligibility letter....lots of my friends in UK got the same thing recently...I think this is how Ahpra giving out registration nowadays...Anyway in my case I manage to find job and sponsorship 457 visa..So as soon as I reach Australia I will submit my documents with ID to Ahpra office to complete the registration process as Ahpra says..Does anyone know then I will be in the register straight away or I have to wait another month for that....did anyone go through this new Ahpra registration procedure...

please help.......

Guest MrsRtobe
Thank you, your advice is welcome. I have now received a job offer and signed a contract. I'm awaiting nomination now. UK references have been seeked too. I feel things are being actioned and more positive. I will begin to search for travel insurance. This seems more appropriate as choosing private health insurance to start now appears too expensive and prefer to begin this cover when we arrive. Thank you

Also do you know how to seek a school admission for a 9 and 12 year old in Perth. We will not be seeking private schooling and where do I find out about public fees on a 457 visa?

Thanks again

Catbells

Hi Catbells,

Unfortunately, I cannot help with any info on schools. :(

If you do find out, can you let me know? I have friends also planning on moving with their 8 year old who are looking for info.

Cheers,

MrsR-to-be

Archived