questions ??.. to answer please

Guest riknbev

Guest riknbev

Hello we are new to this site. My Family and I have just received our 176 state sponsor visa for Perth and we are now waiting to sell our house in the UK.

The thing is we are working out our options if we dont sell our house and try and rent it at first.

Q1 How much money will we need to bring with us (family of 5) to help get set up with short term rent ect ?

Q2 It does say on the form to bring around £45000 with you !! Is this accurate and do they check ?

Q3 Does any one know the best way to sort out short term and long term rentals , can we arrange this before we come over ?

Q4 Can anyone advise on electric sockets/plugs for TV's ect and for tools (saw's, Jigsaw's)

Q5 We are looking at Northern Suburbs of Perth if possible any suggestions on affordable areas with good schools (primary at first) and facilities ?

Q6 Can anyone recommend any good removal companies ?

If anyone can help on these questions it would be much appreciated , Thanks.:biggrin:

Guest riknbev
I just bought 20 adapters from eBay for £16 . That should sort a few things as a lot of things are on extensions with multi sockets .

Thanks ghost its only now you start thinking of the little things you might need , e bay it is then !! , thanks again.

Hi...I live in Sydney so only thing I can help with is:

When you rent you have to lodge a bond which usually is 4 x weekly rent...visit: domain.com.au which will give a great idea of how much rental properties are going for in WA and you can email the real Estate Agents for info.

With regard to weekly shop, visit:

http://www.woolworths.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/webSite/Woolworths/

and get an idea of what you may need - although it is a little dearer than the local supermarket. 45,000? - Dreamin'!!! carton of beer say $45 and bottle of Margaret River wine $18, coupla snags for a barbie ...what more do you need!

Guest riknbev
Hi...I live in Sydney so only thing I can help with is:

When you rent you have to lodge a bond which usually is 4 x weekly rent...visit: domain.com.au which will give a great idea of how much rental properties are going for in WA and you can email the real Estate Agents for info.

With regard to weekly shop, visit:

http://www.woolworths.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/webSite/Woolworths/

and get an idea of what you may need - although it is a little dearer than the local supermarket. 45,000? - Dreamin'!!! carton of beer say $45 and bottle of Margaret River wine $18, coupla snags for a barbie ...what more do you need!

Thanks CloeyPom, I hope lifes good in Sydney, I suppose the more money we can take with us the easier things will be out there, the £45000 was on a state sponsor form advising to help with initial setting up ect for a family of 5 ??

I'm looking forward to the Margaret River wine and the barbie :biggrin:

thanks again :smile:

it all depends on what you need to buy and how soon you start work and get paid for example do you need to buy a car or 2 cars would you buy new or second hand you can find prices on the net what type of rental are you happy with big, small, old ,new, which suburb do you want to live in remember the beach is great but once normal life kicks in you may not go to the beach nearly as much as you thought you would

hope this helps

Guest riknbev
it all depends on what you need to buy and how soon you start work and get paid for example do you need to buy a car or 2 cars would you buy new or second hand you can find prices on the net what type of rental are you happy with big, small, old ,new, which suburb do you want to live in remember the beach is great but once normal life kicks in you may not go to the beach nearly as much as you thought you would

hope this helps

Thanks TheBrammies , I work in the flooring trade and will be looking for work when I arrive as its difficult to find work from over here, we are looking at possibly bringing our car with us but I will need something for work (cheapish), we are hoping to have a month once we arrive to have a good look around at various suburbs , schools ect but we are doing lots of research and seem to like most places ha ha , the problem is until I get there and start working and earning the dollar I wont know our budget (if that makes sense)

We probably like newish estate,affordable, safe, good school and local facilities and ok for work.

Secret harbour looks great !! :smile:

Thanks again:biggrin:

Archived