Contract restriction with State Sponsorship (176)??

Guest ian877

Guest ian877

Hello all

Could anyone shed some light on the following:

Will state sponsorship be refused if you are locked into a current employment contract?

I'm currently serving with the RAF and my end of service date is the start of October 2012.

I have been told by my emigration agent that they have not had any issues with this in the past. However I have been informed once by an outside emigration agent that I may be refused the 176 visa as I'm still serving with the RAF and under contract.

We are now at the point of lodging our visa applicantion and would not like to find out that we have wasted our money. Also we don't want to delay the application and face the possibility that my occupation is removed from the State sponsorship list as currently there are only two States available to us.

Any information would be gratefully received.

I have also posted this on the Migration part of the forum as I was not sure which would be the best place:confused:

Many thanks

Ian and Debbie

Hello all

Could anyone shed some light on the following:

Will state sponsorship be refused if you are locked into a current employment contract?

I'm currently serving with the RAF and my end of service date is the start of October 2012.

I have been told by my emigration agent that they have not had any issues with this in the past. However I have been informed once by an outside emigration agent that I may be refused the 176 visa as I'm still serving with the RAF and under contract.

We are now at the point of lodging our visa applicantion and would not like to find out that we have wasted our money. Also we don't want to delay the application and face the possibility that my occupation is removed from the State sponsorship list as currently there are only two States available to us.

Any information would be gratefully received.

I have also posted this on the Migration part of the forum as I was not sure which would be the best place:confused:

Many thanks

Ian and Debbie

Can only give you our experiance , OH has done 22 years in the RN was due to come out October 2013 .

We recieved state sponsor 176 for WA . When we applied our agent did say that we may not got get SS because we were still in the forces , but we gave a letter from hubbies boss stating that he could go after 12 month when he put his notice in ( basically he had done his time ) Also a letter from his XO explaining that too ;) . Hubby whacked his notice in the day he received his visa , he also asked for early release too and got it ! There have been alot of service people who have got 176 and still being in the forces .

Goodluck ! .

Brides

Archived