evisa - do we need a label?

Mizzmp

Hi guys,

So excited to be granted our visa via our online application. It says on there that "not all applicants need a visa label" or something like that. Do we just show up at the airport with our printed email confirming visa or do we need to get more paperwork or a label stuck in?

Don't want to fly all the way to perth to be told I cant enter, thanks.

:biggrin:

Guest siamsusie
Hi guys,

So excited to be granted our visa via our online application. It says on there that "not all applicants need a visa label" or something like that. Do we just show up at the airport with our printed email confirming visa or do we need to get more paperwork or a label stuck in?

Don't want to fly all the way to perth to be told I cant enter, thanks.

:biggrin:

Congratulations on your visa.

You dont normally require a label visa, and your confirmation email should be sufficient.

If you do feel more secure with a sticky visa then you can send your passport to Australia House.

Susie

Agree with you Susie. Some countries require you to have a visa label in your passport before departure and these are listed on the DIAC website. If you dont have the visa label, it can cause issues when you get to OZ and start to register with Medicare etc as many employers and government departments do not have access to the online Visa checking link (VEVO), and seem to mistrust a copy of the visa grant email letter. My recommendation would be to get the visa label just to make life easier later on.

Guest siamsusie
Agree with you Susie. Some countries require you to have a visa label in your passport before departure and these are listed on the DIAC website. If you dont have the visa label, it can cause issues when you get to OZ and start to register with Medicare etc as many employers and government departments do not have access to the online Visa checking link (VEVO), and seem to mistrust a copy of the visa grant email letter. My recommendation would be to get the visa label just to make life easier later on.

I had an issue despite having an electronic visa at Bangkok which is an airport I fly out of usually fortnightly. I didnt enjoy having this issue:biggrin:, hence I headed straight to DIAC for a label fixture in my passport.

I also have also noticed that there have been issues with NSW driving licence department on occasions.. apparently they are not geared up to recognise DIAC electronic visas. (note* this is only what I have gathered from some members).

I am one of those that prefer to see physical evidence:wink:

Susie x

Guest Irmaal

Congrats on your visa. My visa also was granted last week, I went to Australian High Comision and get labels in my passport. It took only ten minutes.

Does your visa also is valid till 2016? I thought that Permanent Residency is given for a lifetime, that was actualy a surprise...After five years I must apply for another visa or for Citizenship.

That means that after already a few years of waiting, another waiting period has started puting the life on hold for about a decade. It's realy frustrating, I am not experiencing any kind of joy on my visa grant.:embarrassed:

Guest siamsusie
Congrats on your visa. My visa also was granted last week, I went to Australian High Comision and get labels in my passport. It took only ten minutes.

Does your visa also is valid till 2016? I thought that Permanent Residency is given for a lifetime, that was actualy a surprise...After five years I must apply for another visa or for Citizenship.

That means that after already a few years of waiting, another waiting period has started puting the life on hold for about a decade. It's realy frustrating, I am not experiencing any kind of joy on my visa grant.:embarrassed:

PR is PR unless you leave the country after 5 years, then you will require a Residents Return Visa before leaving Australia which is a very simple procedure... Alternatively you apply for citizenship:biggrin:

Guest Irmaal

Yes, but what will be our status after five years? Does it means that when 175 visa ceases we will be kicked out of Australia? How to settle in with this kind of uncertainty? We do not know actualy what kind of situation will be after five years in Australia and what kind of regulations will be implemented re Residency or Citizenship. Maybe after five years you will became an unlawfull citizen without a valid visa and will be required to depart Australia.

We know only one thing that is stated clearly in a grant letter-this visa is valid only for five years.

If you have a British passport with chip, then you generally don't need a label, it's sufficient to carry the grant letter with you. If you're flying from the UK to Perth, you should be fine, so can worry about getting the label at a later date if you need it, if going to one of the countries that doens't have access to the electronic system..

Guest siamsusie
Yes, but what will be our status after five years? Does it means that when 175 visa ceases we will be kicked out of Australia? How to settle in with this kind of uncertainty? We do not know actualy what kind of situation will be after five years in Australia and what kind of regulations will be implemented re Residency or Citizenship. Maybe after five years you will became an unlawfull citizen without a valid visa and will be required to depart Australia.

We know only one thing that is stated clearly in a grant letter-this visa is valid only for five years.

If you have received PR this means it is a permanent residency visa. This allows you to remain in Australia permanently. You do not have to apply for another visa unless you , after 5 years want to go abroad then you apply for a residents return visa which is valid for another 5 years.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1085.pdf

Enjoy your life long visa:biggrin:

Guest mikewheble
Congratulations on your visa.

You dont normally require a label visa, and your confirmation email should be sufficient.

If you do feel more secure with a sticky visa then you can send your passport to Australia House.

Susie

I sent mine and my families to Australia house yesterday which cost me £5.00 registered post. I know you don't need a label in the passports but I thought it would be best to have everything in one place plus my children will be following my wife and I at Christmas and I didn't want them to have any problems at the airport.

All the best

Mike

Guest siamsusie
I sent mine and my families to Australia house yesterday which cost me £5.00 registered post. I know you don't need a label in the passports but I thought it would be best to have everything in one place plus my children will be following my wife and I at Christmas and I didn't want them to have any problems at the airport.

All the best

Mike

Exciting times for you Mike,

I hope you guys enjoy your life down under

Susie x

I got a visa label put in my passport after I got PR as DIAC themselves said that one of the countries that insist on visa labels is the UK so if you do have to go back to England at least you are covered. It all seems rather stupid as i didn't need one to go to a foreign country (NZ) but I needed one for my own! Can't wait until I get citizenship then any hassles won't exist

Archived