Bird Spotters - help identifying

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Please can anyone help. I was rudely awaken this morning to banging on the window, when I finally came around from my deep sleep I saw that it was something keep flying at the window, now we are not talking a one off accident this bird must have done this 8 times, so out of my bed I climb to see the most gorgeous little bird, now it was very much like the blue fairy wren or the superb, BUT, it was a pastel blue all over apart from a White chest does anyone have any ideas. :notworthy:

I had a bird that flew into the house the other day, i was upstairs and heard this weird noise came downstairs and there was a bird sitting on the livingroom windowledge flapping its wings in lucys face lol poor thing must have been terrified with that big monster looming over her!!

That wee bird in the picture is lovely, did it fly away? hope it wasnt hurt :(

Guest The Pom Queen
I had a bird that flew into the house the other day, i was upstairs and heard this weird noise came downstairs and there was a bird sitting on the livingroom windowledge flapping its wings in lucys face lol poor thing must have been terrified with that big monster looming over her!!

That wee bird in the picture is lovely, did it fly away? hope it wasnt hurt :(

Yes it flew back in to the rainforest, obviously it was trying some mating ritual with itself lol x

I can remember in the UK having a Robin fly in to the house I caught it to take it back outside and it did the play dead routine, the kids thought mummy had given this poor bird a heart attack

Guest guest37336

We need Bob Kate. The only bird I can think it was is a juvenile Little Kingfisher, especially if you have water around.:unsure:

Alcedo+pusilla.jpeg

Lol yes those little birds are sneaky, one did that to my gran once and then pecked her! the one that flew into my house a few days ago looked young, Lucy didnt have a clue what to make of it, the wee buggar crapped on my window before i let it out! lol thats the last time i leave the door open!

Guest The Pom Queen
We need Bob Kate. The only bird I can think it was is a juvenile Little Kingfisher, especially if you have water around.:unsure:

Alcedo+pusilla.jpeg

I have held one of those Tony, absolutely stunning birds. This was was very tiny, I thought it was a budgie at first but it had the fan tail.

Guest guest37336
I have held one of those Tony, absolutely stunning birds. This was was very tiny, I thought it was a budgie at first but it had the fan tail.

I'm at a loss then Kate, :embarrassed: but would be great to find out what it is for all of us interested in nature,:yes:

Wasn't a new type of pygmy Cassowary was it, if so you could have it named after you:

'Pioerskateamussaustralis', :notworthy::notworthy:

Guest The Pom Queen
I'm at a loss then Kate, :embarrassed: but would be great to find out what it is for all of us interested in nature,:yes:

Wasn't a new type of pygmy Cassowary was it, if so you could have it named after you:

'Pioerskateamussaustralis', :notworthy::notworthy:

Lol that reminds me, a friend who stayed with us recently got really scared because she said there was a 6ft tall thing in the garden with blue eyes watching her:laugh: we think it was the cassowary.

Guest The Pom Queen
do you live beside a rainforest? you must see loads of wildlife! im jealous! lol

Yes, we do have lots of gorgeous wildlife and the noise at nights is lovely to hear.

Guest guest37336
Lol that reminds me, a friend who stayed with us recently got really scared because she said there was a 6ft tall thing in the garden with blue eyes watching her:laugh: we think it was the cassowary.

Silly girl, I bet she checked under the beds every night as well,:no::biglaugh:, or got someone else to do it for her,:idea::biglaugh:

Guest The Pom Queen
Silly girl, I bet she checked under the beds every night as well,:no::biglaugh:, or got someone else to do it for her,:idea::biglaugh:

Well now you come to mention it lol:laugh:

Guest The Pom Queen
what kind of wildlife do you have? id love to be near a rainforest for the wildlife but do you get a lot more spiders in your house? I just googled the cassowary lol, think ive saw one on tv before. they're lovely looking

The ones we know are there are bandicoots, cassowaries, snakes, lace monitor lizards, echidna, green tree frogs, Hercules moths, fire flies etc

Guest The Pom Queen
are enchindas those spikey creatures, sort of look like hedgehogs? wow loads of wildlife, your very lucky! where i live the now we only have birds, cats and dogs lol exciting stuff!

Yes, this is an echidna

echidna.jpg

I love the Birds here. We regularly get 2 Kookaburras sitting on our balcony laughing at each other. They are the funniest birds ever.

The best though are our 2 resident Rainbow Lorikeets who fly by everyday. They are so tame with us and will readily hop on our hands. They even venture into our apartment from time to time and have a good mosey about when the patio is left open.

Plus the photo is the superb fairy wren and we aren't suppose to have them in cairns

i just asked Mrs tonyman , straight away she said ....fairy wren.....but we thought they were in WA only .........a lovely looking bird too .........its nice to watch their activity close up as they dont seem to bother if humans are around ......