Visit Visa Extension Help!

Guest Meeshal

Guest Meeshal

Hello everyone.

Im facing a very serious dilemna. My husband is a PR holder. I have applied for a spouse visa on 28th of March 2011, but have been asked to wait for around 10 months max. Recently my husband got into an accident and is having severe pain in his neck and back. So i applied for a visit visa. I told them my reason and circumstances, but was only given a visit for 3 months. Can anyone please please tell me if it is possible to extend my visit once im there, when i have a *No further Stay* condition?

I would want to be with him till my spouse visa has been granted. And i find it difficult to get it within these 3 months. Please any suggestions for me?

By the end of 3 months, he would be better, so i wont be able to request extention because of his bad health.

P.S. I have been married for 4 years, and have a daughter of 2 years, 3 months.

Guest The Pom Queen

I am so sorry to hear of your dilemma and I hope your husband gets well soon.

As far as I know you cannot extend your visa onshore if you have a no further stay, but I'm not a migration agent so I hope someone can give you the advice you require.

Good luck

K x

Guest Meeshal
I am so sorry to hear of your dilemma and I hope your husband gets well soon.

As far as I know you cannot extend your visa onshore if you have a no further stay, but I'm not a migration agent so I hope someone can give you the advice you require.

Good luck

K x

Thank you for your kind words.

I can't advise I'm afraid, but good luck to you both.

Maybe talk to trailfinders (my fave travel agent) and see what they suggest. If you have to leave to extend, maybe you could fly to NZ for a few days and then back again?? I'm not sure if there's a minimum gap between returns...

Talk to your CO and maybe see if they can advise you

Guest Meeshal
I can't advise I'm afraid, but good luck to you both.

Maybe talk to trailfinders (my fave travel agent) and see what they suggest. If you have to leave to extend, maybe you could fly to NZ for a few days and then back again?? I'm not sure if there's a minimum gap between returns...

Talk to your CO and maybe see if they can advise you

She says its not extendable. just a 3 mo, single entry.

Is there anyone who has been able to extend their stay, after 8503 has been imposed on it?

Hello everyone.

Im facing a very serious dilemna. My husband is a PR holder. I have applied for a spouse visa on 28th of March 2011, but have been asked to wait for around 10 months max. Recently my husband got into an accident and is having severe pain in his neck and back. So i applied for a visit visa. I told them my reason and circumstances, but was only given a visit for 3 months. Can anyone please please tell me if it is possible to extend my visit once im there, when i have a *No further Stay* condition?

I would want to be with him till my spouse visa has been granted. And i find it difficult to get it within these 3 months. Please any suggestions for me?

By the end of 3 months, he would be better, so i wont be able to request extention because of his bad health.

P.S. I have been married for 4 years, and have a daughter of 2 years, 3 months.

You can apply to have condition 8503 waived (not likely) or apply for a protection visa, which would not be a good strategy, or go offshore to and apply for another visitor visa. Processing of a fully completed partner visa application should not take 10 months unless there are unusual circumstances or you lodged it from the moon.

Guest Meeshal
You can apply to have condition 8503 waived (not likely) or apply for a protection visa, which would not be a good strategy, or go offshore to and apply for another visitor visa. Processing of a fully completed partner visa application should not take 10 months unless there are unusual circumstances or you lodged it from the moon.

I have written a letter to my case officer, which i will send her with the parcel with further documentation she asked for. I have written about my husband's health, and requested an early decision to my PR, so i can be by his side. Do u think its possible that she may consider it?

By the way, i have lived in Australia before on a 457 in 2008.