Any nurses help please

Guest Nina

Welcome,

I sent my document to ANMC for nursing skills assesment. In references from my employer seemed to be what they wanted, date when I started work as a nurse, how many hours per week, how do I work. But yesterday I got email from ANMC, that my referencess doesnt included what they want. Can someone, who passed this process, tell me, how exactly this document should be composed? Great thanks,

Nina:daydreaming:

Hi Nina, not sure if my reply will be of any help but here goes...

For My work reference I asked my manager to write me a letter ......

ON OFFICIAL LETTER HEADED PAPER.

THE DATE I COMMENCED TO DATE

YOUR PIN NUMBER

YOUR CONTRACTED HOURS OVER THAT PERIOD

YOUR NAME AND RANK

YOUR AREAS OF EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCE

THE NAME ,OF THE REFEREE IN PRINT AND IN SIGNITURE

THEIR POSITION

A CONTACT ADDRESS AND NUMBER FOR THE REFEREE

IS THIS WHAT YOU DID? PERHAPS IT MAY BE WORTH E MAILING THEM AND QUOTE YOURE FILE REFERENCE NUMBER.. WHERE IN OZ ARE YOU HOPING TO GO AND WHAT DO YOU DO NOW?

GOOD LUCK, I HOPE THIS HELPED.

BRAMBLE.

Hi,

I have not long received my letter of determination from ANMC

My Senior Charge Nurse wrote my reference on headed paper stating the usual -

when I commenced my post

The length of time I have been employed by them

What skills I have gained since taking up my post

What type of ward I worked in and how many hours I work per week

If I was considered a safe and competent practitioner

What my responsibilities are in the ward environment etc,etc,

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any further advice

Letter of determination received - STNI applied for - awaiting result..................

Gill (40 odds harrassed registered nurse)

Jimmy (OH) and Scott (12)

Guest Caz+John

Hi

My husband and I are both nurses and found the easiest way to get a job was to email a hospital directly with your c.v. :v_SPIN:We initially went through an agency which got us nowhere, before emailing hospital. We were interviewed over phone within a week and after receiving our references were both offered jobs within another 2 weeks. We're going out on a 457 visa - sponsored up to 4 years. The longest process is awaiting your registration from Oz so crack on and do this now if you haven't already done so. Took us over 3 month sto get ours. We only got in touch with the hospital in August and we are due to fly to Melbourne 2oth October - bearing in mind we already had our registration in Victoria prior to sending off email. Would strongly recommend going down this route.

We also have 2 young children, so going this way meant we could get out there faster, before my eldest would be due to start school over here next year.:mask:

Can I also say its so much cheaper applying online for visa, 80 quid instead of what bramble paid earlier in threads.

Hope this helps.

Caz and John

Have you been working more than 20 hours a week? We found out before we applied that you needed to work for at least 20 hrs a week for something like 12 months in last 3 years in your nursing job otherwise you dont qualify, this happened to us and my OH had to work a few more hrs a week for 12 months then we applied.

Im going on a temporary long term buisnes contract -2 yrs with application of PR after that, ive been working just less than 20hours for last year now and all was fine as long as i work full time when i get there.

I also went directly through a hospital for a job and like caz and john found this to be the easist/quickest and cheapest way!.

good luck with it.

Guest Caz+John

Totally agree. As long as the person applying for the visa works full time when you arrive in Oz you can get the visa. I'm making my OH work full time and i'm working 25hrs/wk until we settle kids into kindi and childcare and work out how much thats gonna cost us. Good luck.

Where are you heading in Oz?. We're off to Melbourne so contacted Souther Healthcare directly. They have been wonderful with us and have took us through all the steps bit by bit. Plus they put you in touch with a Relocation Consultant who they pay for in the first instance to pick u up at airport when you arrive and arrange temp accommodation for the first 2weeks. They she spends 5hrs with you finding you longer term accommo. Hope all this helps.

I actually got my manager to write me a reference, but also included a letter from the HR department re my length of employment etc. Ask the ANMC what is missing - did you include transcript of training and also you need to the the NMC to verify your registration to the ANMC - This is thirty something £ and they do it directly. Once you've had a postive skills assessment the ANMC will pass on your file to whichever nursing board you want them to - you just fill in the application and pay for your registration.

Ali

Guest Caz+John

Nina. Nor sure if your actually going directly for a permanent visa or not but was wondering why you have went to ANMC and not directly to the Nursing Board in the state you wish you go to. For example, we bypassed The ANMC and went straight to Victoria Nursing Board for registration. Much quicker.

Caz + John

My friend went via sponsorship route because she hadn't got the necessary hours in as she had been off on Mat Leave. We applied for the 136 PR visa and your skills had to be assessed in order to proceed with the application.

Ali

Nina. Nor sure if your actually going directly for a permanent visa or not but was wondering why you have went to ANMC and not directly to the Nursing Board in the state you wish you go to. For example, we bypassed The ANMC and went straight to Victoria Nursing Board for registration. Much quicker.

Caz + John

I applied straight to Queensland nursing council for registration but havent been as fortunate as caz 1st application lost 2nd returned requesting licence payment and returned to nursing council lost in transit even though sent signed international post:arghh: Only wish the nursing boards acknowledged receipt or state if not heard in so many weeks call them have sat patiently thinking every thing ok and have wasted weeks of valuable time.

Archived