modl visa 136, how long have you been waiting?

Guest claireand bob

Guest claireand bob

Hi, i am curious how long people have been waiting. Our agent phoned ASPC last week and they said they were processing from the 1st week in december 2005, our apllication was sent last week in december.

I am reaaaalllly impatient, its driving me mad.

We have had our meds and policechecks done (unrequested) and they have them so fingers crossed could here soon.

Claire and Bob

Guest choobs
Hi, i am curious how long people have been waiting. Our agent phoned ASPC last week and they said they were processing from the 1st week in december 2005, our apllication was sent last week in december.

I am reaaaalllly impatient, its driving me mad.

We have had our meds and policechecks done (unrequested) and they have them so fingers crossed could here soon.

Claire and Bob

Our application for a class 138 (Skills Australian Sponsored NON-MODL) was lodged at the end of November. As far as we're aware, it'll be another five weeks before a case officer is allocated.

Choobs

Guest Est

Did you find it was ok to get your medical done without them been requested? We have ours booked for June but were a bit wary they has not been requested. We got our Police checks back in April.

Guest scott&lisa

Hi Claire and Bob,

Our case was lodged with DIMIA June 2005 and Medical/Police checks were requested October 05. Our visa was granted late December. The only thing is once your visa is granted you only have a year from the date of your medical/police check (whichever is sooner) to activate your visa. Are you aware that medicals have to be carried out by DIMIA approved Medical centres? Hope this helps

Scott and Lisa

Guest choobs
Hi Claire and Bob,

Our case was lodged with DIMIA June 2005 and Medical/Police checks were requested October 05. Our visa was granted late December. The only thing is once your visa is granted you only have a year from the date of your medical/police check (whichever is sooner) to activate your visa. Are you aware that medicals have to be carried out by DIMIA approved Medical centres? Hope this helps

Scott and Lisa

On top of this, the lodgement letter we received was very specific about NOT sending them unrequested. Fortunately, in Edinburgh at least, there are a couple of approved medical centers who can turn the meds round in a week or so.

Choobs

Guest claireand bob

We have used an agent, concept australia who have advised us that having meds and was ok.

We have already sold our house as we would move anyway if not accepted. Just waiting for the green light. Cant come soon enough!!

thanks for the advice xx

Guest glennandkate
We have used an agent, concept australia who have advised us that having meds and was ok.

We have already sold our house as we would move anyway if not accepted. Just waiting for the green light. Cant come soon enough!!

thanks for the advice xx

We are in exactly the same boat - sold our house yesterday (wohoo) we sent our application 9th Feb and have had our meds and police checks done so just waiting to go now. I know someone who's application went in the same day as ours and she got her visa last week (2 months and 3 weeks) so I think it can help if you submit before requested. And yes I know she was a one off but there might be another 1 off coming my way soon...... :D

Guest Mark & Gina

Hi Claire & Bob,

We are applying under 136 MODL. Our acknowledgment email was received 5th Dec 05 and we had an email from our case officer last week requesting Medicals & police checks!!!

Does anyone know if this means we are as good as 'in' if the police and medicals are clear????

Mark&Gina

Guest scoop

Hi Mark n Gina

I think that's the way it goes. :lol:

Good luck with your plans guys

SCoop

x

Guest claireand bob

i am all excited again now. You start to think the worst when you dont hear.

You have cheered me up now.

thanks guys

Archived