When to turn things off

motherof2

OK so the twiddling thumbs and counting down the days bit is coming to a rapid end and the what, when and how thoughts are beginning to run through my brain!:wideeyed:

PSS are going to deliver some boxes this week so I can at least start putting books, CD's DVD's and winter clothes in just so that it feels as though I'm actually doing something constructive:huh:

The packers come in on the 22nd of this month for three days. When will I need to turn off the fridge (have a fridge freezer too but that is being run down as I type) use the washing machine and tumble dryer (it's bound to be raining) so that they are OK to pack?

Oooh another thing - I' ve got a few of those airwick freshmatic smellies dotted around the house. Do they sell them and the refills in Aus?

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh Sue not long now x I don't envy you with the packing.

The day before they come would be fine to turn them off, your fridge you may get away with leaving it until the last minute. The freezer will need to be defrosted and cleaned out though. Don't worry to much they will organise things for you.

I've read several posts about people not taking washine machines or freezer/fridges etc. I need to look into it more & decide what we'd do. Do you have to scrub out a washing machine internally really well ? I have in my mind to buy a new hoover here & pretend its not new & take that rather than our current hoovers. My fridge/freezer is integrated anyway but my washing maching & tumble dryer are a matching set & they are like the big american double/triple load top loading machines, we've used them for 2 or 3 years & if we dont make the move for another year or 2 they'd obviously be nearly 5 years old.. cant make up my mind about them at all. to replace with similar in oz will be expensive i think.

Guest siamsusie
I've read several posts about people not taking washine machines or freezer/fridges etc. I need to look into it more & decide what we'd do. Do you have to scrub out a washing machine internally really well ? I have in my mind to buy a new hoover here & pretend its not new & take that rather than our current hoovers. My fridge/freezer is integrated anyway but my washing maching & tumble dryer are a matching set & they are like the big american double/triple load top loading machines, we've used them for 2 or 3 years & if we dont make the move for another year or 2 they'd obviously be nearly 5 years old.. cant make up my mind about them at all. to replace with similar in oz will be expensive i think.

I brought over my washing machine which is still going strong. If you have the "lock down" bolts for the drum .. great.. if not.. a pillow to hold the drum in place works just as well.

Empty the fluff drawer, I cleaned mine out with disinfectant .. the same applies for the dryer.

Buying a new hoover might work out cheaper for you and I wouldnt worry its for personal use.. use it a few times, empty and disinfectant it also.

If you have a container Lynn and your articles are worth shipping I would ship. It will save you a fortune and saves you shopping and great expense at this end.

If there are items you are unsure about, you can bring them then flog them off over here, there is a vibrant second hand market here.

Susie

Yes I told hubby its def worth taking as much as possible but I had excluded the white goods in my head, will think again. we dont have the drum bolts, both appliences were bought second had but had only been used less than half a dozen times.. we got both for £130 quid & we still consider it bargain of the century, I love my huge top loader.