Student Visa to 457 visa???

tommyc868

hi,

i've been tryin every avenue to get back out to oz after completing my 2 years working holiday visa's. i have an option to be sponsered by my brothers employer but he cant do it until next march until his current employee has left but he has advised there are other positions i can take but i would need a visa. I was thinking of getting out on a student visa and studyin there whilst i work which would be great! but i would like to after having completed my study have the option to switch to the 457 visa so i can then stay on at the company! is this possible?

any help would be greatly appreciated im desperate to get back out to oz im a joiner and thrived in oz but was unfornate not to gain a sponser but now my brother (who has the luck) got sponsered within a few months but now i have this opportunity im desperate to seize it as the uk is no good for me, no work and very misrable.......help! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tommy,

You could study a course at TAFE and apply for a student visa - but beward fees are high for an international visa typically $7000 a semester! Also I am not sure of the legal issues of transfering to a 457 visa. If you do follow this route do not let immigration know of your inetnetions when landing. Students can also only legally work 20 hours a wk! Wouldnt it be better to wait until March only a few months away. BTW what area do youw ork in?

Sorry just saw that your a joiner so misread! Other alternative would be to look for other work in your field or you could come out on a extended tourist visa 6 months (would need to provide proof of funds as you cannot work), then you could always apply whilst out here. Maybe get your meds and police checks done now as they last 12 months. Good luck.

Archived