Please help me...will arrive at Canberra on Aug. 20 and no accommodation yet...

Guest cciara

Guest cciara

Good Day!

Im new here! and been looking for a thread like this for so many times. we're Filipinos. I would like to ask your help..My husband and 2 kids (5 yrs old and 1 yr old) is coming on Canberra on Aug. 20, i would like to ask if anyone out there who can help us to find accommodation, we need house/apartment/townhouse/ for rent for one year..our budget is $400/pw.

Really appreciate your help.

cciara

You should probably book some holiday accommodation for 3 or 4 weeks while you find your longer term accommodation. Check out http://www.wotif.com or http://www.stayz.com.au to find something for the next few weeks. The short term accommodation is going to cost you two or three times your expected budget for the longer term because short term accommodation is always going to be more expensive.

Check on gumtree.com.au we got short term accommodation off there for $470 pw but for longer term it is easier and better to be organising that once you are here and can look around the properties and the areas. For longer term everyone here uses the allhomes website.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Guest journeydownunder
Check on gumtree.com.au we got short term accommodation off there for $470 pw but for longer term it is easier and better to be organising that once you are here and can look around the properties and the areas. For longer term everyone here uses the allhomes website.

And don't forget there is also Domain.com.au! Plug plug plug!!! And when you get here you can but the Canberra Times which on a Saturday has a big pull out property section plug plug plug!!!!

And don't forget there is also Domain.com.au! Plug plug plug!!! And when you get here you can but the Canberra Times which on a Saturday has a big pull out property section plug plug plug!!!!

Hahaha Em, how loyal are you now lol!

Guest journeydownunder

Hi,

We were in a similar boat with nothing organised 2 weeks before. We went with Canberra Furnished (www.canberrafurnished.com.au). It's probably quite a lot more than you're looking to pay but I think they're the cheapest in town on a like for like basis. You're not tied in to any lease, you're provided with everything you need if you're just rocking up with a few suitcases, towels, bedding, iron, TV, fully furnished kitchen etc so for us it has been well worth the extra $$ to help us settle so early on. We literally just unpacked our suitcases and it felt like home which with everything else you have to deal with was worth every single penny!

They will also give you a letter which will enable you to get your driving licences etc, you don't need to pay a deposit so there is no big outlay of cash. Also, another good thing is they give you a rental reference which can be invaluable in finding your next rental property. As you have probably heard the rental market is pretty competitive usually with many people turning up at once to view the property and then its a case of weighing you up against the other applicants so anything you have to help strengthen your case is a good thing.

Anyway, good luck with it all. If you need any further info just let me know.

Emma

Archived