CO Allocation Processing Times

hmsmark

So DIAC's website says that everyone in Priority Group 4 has had a CO allocated through 16 Aug 2010. That's cool, but I notice some Priority Group 4 Type 175s get COs a lot sooner than others.

On Beupdate, some PG 4 Type 175s who applied in December 2010 or January 2011 now have COs, while others who applied in August and September 2010 don't have one yet. What is going on with that?

I noticed that most of the people who got the CO early had high-tech jobs, like programmers or engineers, but they're still unsponsored. I'm happy for them, but I'm just wondering why DIAC would allocate anyone who applied several months later than the bulk of those still waiting. Any ideas?

I just applied in July 2011, so I know I'm at the bottom of the pile, but I was wondering if anyone knew a "trick," to get that early CO...????

Hi HmsMark,

What you must remember is that people register on beupdate but never update it again so it may be a case a lot more people who logged an application in August have got a CO but havent updated beupdate.

Also, Im not 100% convinced that the 16th August date is true, it may be that they have a handful of 'problem' applications lodged on this date so they 'have' to put this date as the earliest date they are looking at...

Like you, Im at the bottom of the pile...not sure there's any tricks but they do say if your from a Low Risk country it gets processed quicker

Guest JandLeen

:notworthy:

So DIAC's website says that everyone in Priority Group 4 has had a CO allocated through 16 Aug 2010. That's cool, but I notice some Priority Group 4 Type 175s get COs a lot sooner than others.

On Beupdate, some PG 4 Type 175s who applied in December 2010 or January 2011 now have COs, while others who applied in August and September 2010 don't have one yet. What is going on with that?

I noticed that most of the people who got the CO early had high-tech jobs, like programmers or engineers, but they're still unsponsored. I'm happy for them, but I'm just wondering why DIAC would allocate anyone who applied several months later than the bulk of those still waiting. Any ideas?

I just applied in July 2011, so I know I'm at the bottom of the pile, but I was wondering if anyone knew a "trick," to get that early CO...????

Hi! There are actually 7 teams of case officers and they all seem to be going at diff speeds. Team 2 is the furthest as far as i know, so they have maybe reached Dec whereas the other teams are maybe further behind. Team 2 were allocated to sept applicants in june already. We applied in feb 2011 so i have my fingers crossed i get one of the quick teams lol!

Team 2 were allocated to sept applicants in june already. We applied in feb 2011 so i have my fingers crossed i get one of the quick teams lol!

Huh... Doesn't really seem fair if you think about it. If your application is assigned to a quick team, then you could be several months ahead of the game. It seems to me if a team is that far ahead, they should be given some of the workload from the slower teams, so that you avoid having someone who applied in August allocated after someone who applied in October.

Just my opinion...

Thanks for the information though.

Hi! There are actually 7 teams of case officersb 2011 so i have my fingers crossed i get one of the quick teams lol!

Intersting. My CO is from team 8 Adelaide.

Guest JandLeen

hms mark - im just going on all the info other ppl have given me on here, so im not 100% :) but there does seem to be ppl who got their CO before other ppl that applied before them.

Archived