No Quarantine Facilty in Brisbane

fmck

Hi everyone.

We want to bring our dog with us to Brisbane. The nearest quarantine facility would be Sydney. Is it possible to have the dog flown to Brisbane after his time in quarantine?

Is there a service which will transport the dog to Brisbane for us? Has anyone any experience of this?

It seems like a lot of hassle bringing the wee man with us, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Yes you can fly them up once they are released from quarantine.

Check local airlines as many will carry them. Also domestic flights sometimes allow smaller dogs in the cabin (in a carry basket).

I suppose I could always fly down and pick him up myself. I've just never given any consideration to flying with a dog. He's a wee Yorkshire terrier so he's as easy as it get when it comes to transport.

Many thanks for the reply.

Guest The Pom Queen

It will probably work out cheaper for you to fly down and accompany them on the flight back, or you could use Jet Pets or Dog Tainers

Guest Anne from Melbourne
Hi everyone.

We want to bring our dog with us to Brisbane. The nearest quarantine facility would be Sydney. Is it possible to have the dog flown to Brisbane after his time in quarantine?

Is there a service which will transport the dog to Brisbane for us? Has anyone any experience of this?

It seems like a lot of hassle bringing the wee man with us, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Hi there

there are a number of companys that will fly your dog up to Brisbane. I have used jetpets for mine and they are great. Jump on the web and see what comes up.

It is worth bringing your dog. I've just moved to the UK and bought mine with me. Despite the cost and numerous people telling me I was mad it is the best thing as I have my doggy friend to share these new experiences with.

Hi there

there are a number of companys that will fly your dog up to Brisbane. I have used jetpets for mine and they are great. Jump on the web and see what comes up.

It is worth bringing your dog. I've just moved to the UK and bought mine with me. Despite the cost and numerous people telling me I was mad it is the best thing as I have my doggy friend to share these new experiences with.

Many thanks for the info Anne.

I know what you mean about taking your dog. My daughters moaned at me to get him when he was a puppy. I wouldn't normally have considered a Yorkshire terrier (I like collies), but now that I have one, I love the wee man to bits. He is very close to my wife. He is very intelligent and really interacts with us. He points to what he wants and loves to play games with us (usually playing tug of war with his stuffed cat, which comes from his ratting instinct I suppose).

The cost of taking the dog with us is quite high, especially considering all the other expenses. I suppose after a few months and the dust has settled, we will be glad that we brought him. He's a great little guard dog too. Besides that, he's my fluffinest wee pal (I'm a right softie for the wee fella).

photo.php?fbid=172192659507284&set=at.171939529532597.43120.100001496523545.100002111292420&type=1&theater

Archived