all starting to feel real now, things are moving!

kellyjamie

Well we have 24 weeks before we fly to OZ and its suddenly beginning to start to feel very real, its taken so long to get to this point that i often felt we would never get to this stage but here we are.

We have taken the extremely hard and emotional decision to rehome our dog with a wonderful family here as we just cant afford to take him as the house has not sold, £4k out of our savings is too much. So we met them today and they came with their boxer and the 2 of them got on great we are taking dexter thru to theirs on sunday and if all goes well he will be staying, im gutted but also so relieved i have found him a great new home and we will stay in contact so i can see how hes doing.

Weve also managed to get the house rented to a really nice family for a minmum years lease but they would like 3 years which is great, huge weight off our shoulders.

So we have began packing up what we want to take as we are only taking boxes with personal and important stuff no furniture as we dont have enough to fill even half a container so we decided we will just start new. Packing our stuff up has brought it home for the first time the enormity of what were actually doing and although im happy and excited theres a small part of me thats slightly apprehensive but not enough to have second thoughts.

We are going to do a few car boot sales over the next month or so try and sell alot of stuff before we move in with relatives, then we have 3 nights out a night out with all jamies colleagues and my ex colleagues end of oct a night out with my current work mid nov then a big meal with friends and family end of nov, and before we know it jan 10th will be here. Were also booking flights for my parents to come out next Oct for 3 months. So busy times ahead which were finally happy are here,:jiggy:

So as of the end of the month im not sure how often i will be on the site but will ensure i get on before we leave if nothing else, so i just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped us to this point, we are eternally grateful to a handful of people whom without we wouldnt be at this point, also to all those who have offered their support over the last couple of years thankyou your kind and encouraging words have helped us thru some crappy periods of this rollercoaster.

:jiggy::jiggy:were actually going peeps at last its our turn:wubclub:

Guest smiley
Well we have 24 weeks before we fly to OZ and its suddenly beginning to start to feel very real, its taken so long to get to this point that i often felt we would never get to this stage but here we are.

We have taken the extremely hard and emotional decision to rehome our dog with a wonderful family here as we just cant afford to take him as the house has not sold, £4k out of our savings is too much. So we met them today and they came with their boxer and the 2 of them got on great we are taking dexter thru to theirs on sunday and if all goes well he will be staying, im gutted but also so relieved i have found him a great new home and we will stay in contact so i can see how hes doing.

Weve also managed to get the house rented to a really nice family for a minmum years lease but they would like 3 years which is great, huge weight off our shoulders.

So we have began packing up what we want to take as we are only taking boxes with personal and important stuff no furniture as we dont have enough to fill even half a container so we decided we will just start new. Packing our stuff up has brought it home for the first time the enormity of what were actually doing and although im happy and excited theres a small part of me thats slightly apprehensive but not enough to have second thoughts.

We are going to do a few car boot sales over the next month or so try and sell alot of stuff before we move in with relatives, then we have 3 nights out a night out with all jamies colleagues and my ex colleagues end of oct a night out with my current work mid nov then a big meal with friends and family end of nov, and before we know it jan 10th will be here. Were also booking flights for my parents to come out next Oct for 3 months. So busy times ahead which were finally happy are here,:jiggy:

So as of the end of the month im not sure how often i will be on the site but will ensure i get on before we leave if nothing else, so i just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped us to this point, we are eternally grateful to a handful of people whom without we wouldnt be at this point, also to all those who have offered their support over the last couple of years thankyou your kind and encouraging words have helped us thru some crappy periods of this rollercoaster.

Hello,

just to say best of luck with all your preparations - sounds like very busy times ahead!

havent got visa yet but hoping to leave early next year. we also thinking of doing some car boot sales, if you know of any good ones in/around edinburgh if you could let me know?

Guest The Pom Queen

I'm so happy you are finally getting ready for the big move, it is daunting but look at it as an adventure not a chore x make sure you have plenty of bottles of wine in lol.

Good luck to you, dreading all the sorting myself, never knew I had so much rubbish everywhere!

Sarah

Get started now. It's much easier if you do it a bit at a time, rather than having it as a huge task looming over your head.

Get started now. It's much easier if you do it a bit at a time, rather than having it as a huge task looming over your head.

Have started, but not prepared to let go of stuff, until I am sure that I am actually going somewhere!

pessimistic I know, but thats me!

S:confused:

Guest guest37336

Nice one Kelly,:notworthy::jiggy:.

I know this sounds daft, but enjoy (or try) to enjoy the whole experience of moving, packing up and the like. :goofy:

It is truly an adventure that is life changing (hopefully for the better matey,:yes:), highs, lows, ecstasy, doldrums, all go hand in hand with the migration process, as you will well know Kelly.

But the very best of luck to you and yours future, really pleased for you matey, and though I have helped little in your journey (head up arse syndrome,:embarrassed:) I am so happy for you, go for it and have a looonngggg and happy life matey.

Cheers Tony.:wubclub:

Hello,

just to say best of luck with all your preparations - sounds like very busy times ahead!

havent got visa yet but hoping to leave early next year. we also thinking of doing some car boot sales, if you know of any good ones in/around edinburgh if you could let me know?

yep no probs if you pm your email i can send you list of them, theres quite a few x

I'm so happy you are finally getting ready for the big move, it is daunting but look at it as an adventure not a chore x make sure you have plenty of bottles of wine in lol.

Any excuse for a nice bottle of Zinfandel kate and im there hun:biglaugh:x

Nice one Kelly,:notworthy::jiggy:.

I know this sounds daft, but enjoy (or try) to enjoy the whole experience of moving, packing up and the like. :goofy:

It is truly an adventure that is life changing (hopefully for the better matey,:yes:), highs, lows, ecstasy, doldrums, all go hand in hand with the migration process, as you will well know Kelly.

But the very best of luck to you and yours future, really pleased for you matey, and though I have helped little in your journey (head up arse syndrome,:embarrassed:) I am so happy for you, go for it and have a looonngggg and happy life matey.

Cheers Tony.:wubclub:

Aww cheers Tone, be like you i reckon just cant believe were actually at this stage now, when it seems weve been in limbo for so long as have you for what ever reasons, to just now know life is moving forward is so exciting! My mum swears theres gypsy in me somewhere as im always looking for something new and getting itchy feet, and shes right i always have to have something going on. But im hoping that finally this will be what ive been looking forward and be able to settle.

Originally from watford we moved to edinburgh when i was 15 and for certain reasons i wont go into i never manged to travel and its my one major regret as im sure had i been given a rucksack and a one way ticket you wouldnt have seen me for 5 years as id have been every where round the world, im really fascinated by the middle and far east always have been, by the religions the way of life everything, so im hoping now being closer to the far east will give us the chance to see some of it. and altho it was only a month i was in oz for in 2008 and yes holiday mode to an extenet, you know this i felt more at home there in that time than i have ever felt here in scotland in 16 years.

anyhow i,ll stop waffling and just say thankyou, however small or large the help was i received from individuals on here i thank them immensely as altho i will never meet most of them i kinda feel like their friends now x

Archived