booking tickets from the UK to fly back to UK

meme78

does anyone know if i can get my parents to buy myself and my child tickets to fly back to the UK? They have the pounds but i certainly don't have the dollars to get home for an important trip. Is this legal- or possible?

Guest The Pom Queen

Some airlines will permit this, you just have to check that it doesn't say the credit card holder must travel.

only wondered if it was possible as the UK tickets are cheaper, and as the dollar is so strong against them, it would cost my parents a lot more to pay in dollars for us if you see what i mean. but surely the airline might be losing out this way? but i have heard others doing it etc

only wondered if it was possible as the UK tickets are cheaper, and as the dollar is so strong against them, it would cost my parents a lot more to pay in dollars for us if you see what i mean. but surely the airline might be losing out this way? but i have heard others doing it etc

Ah, but it will still cost them the same as if you were paying in Australia - the fares are calculated on where you begin your journey basically

They would still be paying the australian prices, but yes, you can generally book flights on a credit card that is based outside the country of departure. Some airlines make the cardholder go to their office to sign a document to say they agree to the payment, if they're not travelling.

Archived