UK registered nurse (trained outside UK) AHPRA Registration

mansawant

My wife is a UK registered nurse; however trained in India and we have sent the application to AHPRA in the last month and received below letter from case office asking for additional documents. They have received now NMC verification and we managed to arrange for the evidence of adapataion competion (from NHS trust where completed adaptation) and also 'Pharmacology' unit (my school of nursing is sending me a letter confirming this).

Only an issue is with my nursing council in India. I dispatched documents to India and my relative went to nursing council in India with verification form. But they refused to accept the application saying my registration with them was lasped in 2007 (that's true becoz I haven't renewed it after 2007 as I am here in UK since 2004). So if I want to verify and I need to renew it first and for that I need to be present in there office to prove that I am still exist.

They have mentioned in the below email "A Certificate of Registration Status or Good Standing / Verification directly from Maharashtra Nursing Council INDIA" so they just want a letter from Indian nursing council confirming i have registered with them from 15 July 94 (first registeration date) to 30 March 2007 (registration renewed upto). But Indian Nursing council is not ready until my wife first do the renewal. We dont mind renewing it but don't know how much time it will take to first renew and then to send verifiaction.

Would appreciate advice on this verificaion issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Mansawant

Email received from case officer

Dear XXXXX,

We are in receipt of an Application for general registration (graduated or trained overseas) as Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse or Midwife.

We recommend for you to refer to our web site Registration/Registration Process/Proof of Identity in relation to an applicant who is currently overseas.

Please be advised the following documents are still outstanding to continue the processing of your application:

- Clarification of your Transcript of Training as it appears a core unit ‘Pharmacology’ was not completed in your Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery. A letter from institution stating this unit was completed in your course is required

- Certified copy of evidence completing an adaptation program before gaining registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council UK

- A Certificate of Registration Status or Good Standing / Verification directly from Maharashtra Nursing Council INDIA

- A Certificate of Registration Status or Good Standing / Verification directly from Nursing and Midwifery Council UNITED KINGDOM

Please provide the required documentation within 30 days from the date of this email to allow the finalisation of the assessment of your application. If you fail to provide such documentation by this date it will be taken that you have withdrawn your application. The Board will consider written requests (email acceptable) for an extension to this timeframe that details the reason for requesting the extension, and a proposed date for meeting the requirement.

Should you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us via email.

Kind regards,

XXXXXXXXX

Registration Officer

Phone | 1300 419 495

Email | XXXXXX@ahpra.gov.au

Web | www.ahpra.gov.au

Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency

G.P.O. Box 9958 | Perth WA 6001 | www.ahpra.gov.au

Archived