Current 457 Processing times??

Dorsetgirl1

Guest diesel72

Hi, just wondering how you found a sponsor? Online, word of mouth? If online, do you know of any employment websites that will sponsor or a job forum, etc.?

Guest diesel72

Hi, thanks for replying, any suggestions of other websites that would sponsor people for work visas in oz? Just started looking.

Guest CC801340
Just about to submit our 457 visa - anybody have any experience on current processing times for Sydney?? Thanks

I'm in the same situation - will be submitting my application tomorrow for a job in Sydney. I'm hoping the processing time is about 2 weeks as I still have a months notice to give at work and I would love to be in Sydney for September as we've rented our house from Sep 1st!

Guest jmahood

My 457 is in Sydney and so far it's been 4 weeks. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason some get pushed through in a few hours others wait for weeks on end. :confused:

Guest Stacey23

Hi,

Has your employer submitted their part of the visa and received confirmation of it?

I submitted my visa 3 days after my employer, I still don't know if the sponsorship / nomination has been approved.

Stacey

Guest jmahood
Hi,

Has your employer submitted their part of the visa and received confirmation of it?

I submitted my visa 3 days after my employer, I still don't know if the sponsorship / nomination has been approved.

Stacey

Yes my employer has already been approved. There were 3 of us offered at the same time, the other two got their visa's within 3 weeks. My employer is using a migration agent who should have submitted the application on 5th May, as they advised they had via e-mail, however I got in touch with DIAC for my TRN number and found that my application was only submitted on 17th June. I'm now hoping to start my new job on 1st September.

Guest penfold007

I contacted immigration yesterday - my application was completed by post and has been submitted - nomination and sponsorship has already been approved. I was told that it takes up to 6-8 weeks for a case officer to be assigned!!! Once a CO is assigned how long after that does it take? from reading so many posts there is no answer to the question, it is pot luck if you get it early!! I am dealing with the Sydney office, I am not a medical professional and wont be teaching etc so hopefully no need for a medical. I have already submitted health insurance and police checks to try and speed the process up.

I have worked abroad before so am used to dealing with visas but in most cases there is an idea of accurate processing times - this just seems so messed up!!!

Just about to submit our 457 visa - anybody have any experience on current processing times for Sydney?? Thanks

We got our visa approved last week through Sydney and it was exactly 8 weeks from when we applied.

Archived