Trailers!!!

pope6

please can someone explain the situation with trailers in OZ (WA) to me. I always like to have a trailer for doing bloke stuff...moving bits and bobs around...gardening etc. i notice some trailers for sale here are registered and some are not. obviously the unregistered are a hell of a lot cheaper....whats the restriction. can you use unregistered on the road legally?

Guest siamsusie
please can someone explain the situation with trailers in OZ (WA) to me. I always like to have a trailer for doing bloke stuff...moving bits and bobs around...gardening etc. i notice some trailers for sale here are registered and some are not. obviously the unregistered are a hell of a lot cheaper....whats the restriction. can you use unregistered on the road legally?

Basically Pope, a bit like your car, unregistered means it cant be used for the road, it must go over the pits before obtaining rego.

Susie

Guest siamsusie
sorry to butt in Pope , but also can someone tell me why the connections are not standard ...? how many different connectors are there ...........

We have a different connector with our WA trailer to the Tasmanian one, it is perplexing I give you that one Tonyman:laugh:

Basically Pope, a bit like your car, unregistered means it cant be used for the road, it must go over the pits before obtaining rego.

Susie

thanks for your reply. so if it doesn't have rego it shouldn't be used on the road? i started to do a bit more reading (i think the info was VIC) but that implied trailers under a certain size didn't need to be rego'd only roadworthy.

Also i've seen plenty of unrego'd trailers on the roads here in perth...but i guess you just take your chance?

Guest siamsusie
thanks for your reply. so if it doesn't have rego it shouldn't be used on the road? i started to do a bit more reading (i think the info was VIC) but that implied trailers under a certain size didn't need to be rego'd only roadworthy.

Also i've seen plenty of unrego'd trailers on the roads here in perth...but i guess you just take your chance?

Well for our WA trailor we have to have a rego sticker and its to be displayed. Correct Pope, its not to be used for the road without rego. Upon rego you are issued a number plate which doesnt coincide with your car number plate strangely enough:err:

The same applies for us in Tasmania, we have just had one specially built with a cage and it had to go over the pits before registering it and a plate being handed over.

Susie x

Guest siamsusie
Does car insurance cover the trailer if it's registered? Does this also cover caravans and boats?

Our boat in WA is registered and also insured separately .

Our Trailer is registered and not insured but our car insurance covers liability.

I would imagine you would insure your caravan as well, which also has to be rego'd.

I think this would be a matter for you to investigate with your insurance company.

Susie

Our boat in WA is registered and also insured separately .

Our Trailer is registered and not insured but our car insurance covers liability.

I would imagine you would insure your caravan as well, which also has to be rego'd.

I think this would be a matter for you to investigate with your insurance company.

Susie

is that your boat in your avatar ........????????

Guest siamsusie
is that your boat in your avatar ........????????

Yes Tonyman, Uncle Colin gave me some of us 1616 Million, so I brought it quickly before they changed their minds, and now own the "Spirit of Tasmania":biggrin:

Guest Guest31881

Now your being silly, that is the tender that serves the boat,the boat is too big for an avatar photo.

PS, I am not uncle Colin...:wink:

Guest siamsusie
trailers are so dear too..........we need one but your looking at the best part of a grand ........we can borrow but then you have the connection lark ..........

For a 8 x 5 dual axle with a cage we paid $3,500.

We will be using it cor camping trips as well Nick.

For connections is easy we just purchased a short cord and an adapter which was the easiest part.

Guest siamsusie
Now your being silly, that is the tender that serves the boat,the boat is too big for an avatar photo.

PS, I am not uncle Colin...:wink:

Mmmm, you are one dark horse! you can let us into your little secret:cute:

Guest siamsusie

I should have added Nick, I think Mr Siam brought the WA trailer for approx $200 which is more than adequate for going down to the dump.

The tyres are prob worth more than that, but there are bargains to be had particularly if people are moving interstate and cant be bothered taking it over with them.

Susie x

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Stuff-for-Sale-other-stuff-for-sale-Trailer-W0QQAdIdZ298562890 $100, needs some work and with your welding capabilities that should be a breeze (bit like changing washers on tape eh Nick:wink:)

trailers are so dear too..........we need one but your looking at the best part of a grand ........we can borrow but then you have the connection lark ..........

yeh but you can pick up an unrego'd trailer for a couple of hundred bucks

Archived