confusion on visa 176 cat and points, HELP!!!

dazla80

Hi our family sponsored visa 176 was lodged on the 9th june 2011 but payment was only just taken a few days ago. We have just been put in cat 5 even though my husband is on the shedule 1 SOL list and was on the old one. We had 100 points which was needed for the visa. Would they of done our points based on when our visa was lodged? or would they of done the points on the new test because they took the payment after the 1st of july? i would presume it would be from the old points as that was when it was lodged, but i cannot understand why we would not be in cat 4.

It was sent by post and we know it was lodged on the 9th of june 2011, we have spoken to them and they have confirmed the date and told us that no matter what happens it will be counted as before the 1st of july, but payment has only just been taken due to the major back log because of people trying to beat the deadline. the email i recieved today just states that we are a cat 5, i'm pretty sure its the same one everyone else seems to of recieved today. They havent sent any email confirmation of anything so far.

It was sent by post and we know it was lodged on the 9th of june 2011, we have spoken to them and they have confirmed the date and told us that no matter what happens it will be counted as before the 1st of july, but payment has only just been taken due to the major back log because of people trying to beat the deadline. the email i recieved today just states that we are a cat 5, i'm pretty sure its the same one everyone else seems to of recieved today. They havent sent any email confirmation of anything so far.

You can't lodge a valid 176 application unless you have an occupation on Schedule 3 SOL (pre 1/7/11) or Schedule 1 (post 1/7/11) or are sponsored by a State undera State Migration Plan, hence any family sponsored 176 lodged after 1/7/10 has to be old priority 3 or new priority 4. Welder is on Schedule 3 pre 1/7/11 and Schedule 1 post 1 july so you will be new Priority 4 on the application just lodged. You should not have got the Priority 5 email unless you had previously applied with a different occupation and havn't withdrawn that application. Contact DIAC using the PLE http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/pre.htm

Regards

Hi, i thought we should be cat 4 also. We have only lodged one application and that was as a first class welder, every thing was as it should be on the form and documents. The only thing i can think of that maybe they have done, is that even though our visa was lodged before july 1st, they took payment after july 1st, maybe they messed up and have done us on the new points?! we have 100 points for the 176 that we applied for, but under the new points we would only have 40. I've emailed them and we should get a response within 5 working days, driving me nuts not know what's going on:arghh:, thanks for your reply!

Archived