Nursery Nurse

zidden

Looking to find out if the NNEB qualification that was available in the UK until mid 90's coupled with 15+ years experience qualifies for the assessment in Early Childhood Teacher (Kindergarten Teacher).

There was no known Degree certificate at this time in the UK for teaching in the ages from 0-8 as Primary Teachers were qualified to teach from 4-12.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest siamsusie

Hi Zidden,

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

Bumping up your post for you.

Best wishes

Susie x

Guest Guest16631

found this on poms in adelaide hope this helps.................27-04-2011 06:33 AM #1

P&P

user-offline.png

Junior Member Join DateApr 2011

LocationNorth adelaide

Posts18

Getting Uk childcare qualifications ( nneb) assessed here in Adelaide.

Hi, just thought I would post this as I have been surprised how things have changed since I worked in Melbourne approx 8 years ago. I have been looking for a job in a school since I arrived in January 2011 and they are very few and far between. I have registered with two agencies and neither asked me if I had had my qualifications assessed. When I went for a job interview in a kindergarten attached to a school last week they did ask me and hence I have been into the skills assessment office on Currie st in the city and they have sent my Certs off to Canberra. The lady in the office here couldn't have been any more helpful, but it was bad news, my nneb (+16 years) experience is not recognised as qualified.

Does anyone on here know how long it will take to top up to become qualified and how and where I can do this?

Anyone coming out to work in childcare you need to have a criminal records check done by children and families services (different to a police check) mandatory abuse and neglect training and an up to date first aid cert.

I am hoping to work whilst topping up my training, but wish I'd known most of the above a good few months ago as I would probably be sorted by now. Not usually a grumbler, but just a little frustrated.

Anyone in the same boat drop me a line. Good luck with the job hunting.

Pippa.

Hi,

I have the NNEB certificate too and wanted to know if they actually recognise it a qualification in Oz so I contacted an employment agency and they asked for a copy of my certificate, which I emailed them, the reply I got was that it is a recognised qualification and the same over there is a diploma, but they did say that it didnt qualify me to apply for a teaching position.

Hope this helps......

• 1 year later...

I am in the process of getting my Uk qualifications recognised by Australia, it has been quite complicated as the application form asks for info that I am finding difficult to give them. Luckily me and my husband have the time to do this as we are hoping to move out Sept. Good luck

Archived