Townsville Calling

SteveinOz

Hi All

We will be moving to Townsville on 29th July and would love to meet up with any other Brits in the region to hopefully glean as much information from them as possible.

We will be staying in a holiday apartment until we can get a house sorted, have 2 weeks to do it!!

Also have a car hired for the first week so hope to get one bought as soon as possible, any tips? We do know that cars can be quite expensive when compared to the UK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve & Gill

Guest Bob Tonnor
Hi All

We will be moving to Townsville on 29th July and would love to meet up with any other Brits in the region to hopefully glean as much information from them as possible.

We will be staying in a holiday apartment until we can get a house sorted, have 2 weeks to do it!!

Also have a car hired for the first week so hope to get one bought as soon as possible, any tips? We do know that cars can be quite expensive when compared to the UK.

Steve & Gill

Hi

My brother in law lived there while studying, loved it, Magnetic Island is fantastic. It is a bit of an army town but that may suit you. Have a look at this it may help, http://www.locationlowdown.com.au/search/results/QLD/Townsville as far as renting is concerned this may give you some pointers, http://www.qld.gov.au/about/health-and-communities/housing-and-property/ As far as cars are concerned it all depends on what you want and how big a car you need, i have a little hyundai excel, its cheap and its dependable what more do you need! If cheap and dependable isnt your thing have a look at this http://www.summernats.com.au/ Just one more thing, it can and will get really hot and sweaty, have fun!

Bob

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Steve and Gill

Welcome to the forum. We aren't that far from Townsville, well 4 hours away in Cairns. It's a lovely area and we are getting some great weather at the moment.

Kate

Guest GillinOz

Hi Joan01,

I am Steve's wife, do you mind if I pm you??

My mind is all over the place at the mo, and I feel I have a few questions to ask

Gill

Hey Im moving to Townsville too....but 457 is in progress so I wont be there as early! But wondering the same type of questions! To those that are there how are you finding it? Plus im coming on my own, will I struggle to meet new people or are Aussies as friendly as I remember when I came traveling?

:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest girlinOZ
Hi All

Steve & Gill

Hi steve,

I'm not a Brit (Canadian) but leaving for Townsville on July 27 from southern Cali. My b/f who is both Brit and Aussie has lived there for 6 years and just loves it. I'm a nurse and have a job at a local hospital. PM me if interested in meeting us. I am sure my b/f could help you guys out.

Hope it goes well for you.

Cheers!

girlinOZ

• 2 weeks later...