Bringing my wife to be to oz on a 457

Guest toftech

Guest toftech

Hi guys,

I have had a search through a fair number of threads of which some are similar but not quite the same to this question.

OK so here is the situation. I have been in Oz for just over 3 years now on a 457 (different employers so I cannot apply for PR yet). I am looking to get married next year to my girlfriend who is back in the UK and want to know if I can add her to my current 457 (not a new application).

Specific info:

• We were together several years ago, but have been back together seriously for the last 3 months (so by the time she is looking to relocate out here next year we will have evidence of having been together for over 6 months which seems to be what is required on a 457 in the first place)
  • She is over 31 so she cant come out on a working holiday visa for 12 months by which time I should have my PR application in, she can only come out on a standard 3 month tourist visa.
  • Can my current visa be adjusted to include her?
  • Does it make any difference if we get married here or back in the UK where both of our families are?
  • If I can get my PR application in sooner would I just include her on that application? Or once I have my PR granted can I marry her and she can then live here (I guess this would require a change to my PR visa as well)

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated. We would be looking to stay here and at some point in the future raise a family here. Just after my best course of action if it would be:

1. If I can get her added to my current 457
  2. If I would be better to do my PR application and add her onto that application as my spose
  3. If my PR is granted before she comes out can I then add her to my PR visa?

Thanks