457 Visa

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of having my 457 visa approved.

I was just wondering how long other people's visa's have taken to process?

It's been a month since i processed my application, i have not heard a thing, not even an e-mail to acknowledge that the visa is being processed, is this normal?

Also my partner and I have not been asked for medicals to be done yet.

Does this mean that not everyone has to get medicals?

Any help or advise would be much appreciated?

I have been sponsered by my new job but I have to pay and lodge everything my self.

Thank you :eek:

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of having my 457 visa approved.

I was just wondering how long other people's visa's have taken to process?

It's been a month since i processed my application, i have not heard a thing, not even an e-mail to acknowledge that the visa is being processed, is this normal?

Also my partner and I have not been asked for medicals to be done yet.

Does this mean that not everyone has to get medicals?

Any help or advise would be much appreciated?

I have been sponsered by my new job but I have to pay and lodge everything my self.

Thank you :eek:

Hi Carol

We're in the process too!! You can check the progress of your application online via the diac website by using your TRN and main applicants date of birth and passport number.

We've been advised not to book medicals until we have been advised to do so by a case officer. Whether or not you require a medical all depends on what profession you are working in. As a rule it's generally medical or school professions where they are required. If not required now you may be required to have medicals when in oz which I beleive are cheaper! We're hoping we don't need them!!!

Hi Carol

We're in the process too!! You can check the progress of your application online via the diac website by using your TRN and main applicants date of birth and passport number.

We've been advised not to book medicals until we have been advised to do so by a case officer. Whether or not you require a medical all depends on what profession you are working in. As a rule it's generally medical or school professions where they are required. If not required now you may be required to have medicals when in oz which I beleive are cheaper! We're hoping we don't need them!!!

Thank you for your reply. Good luck with your application, i hope we don't need medicals either!

Thank you for your reply. Good luck with your application, i hope we don't need medicals either!

Thank you.

Good Luck!!!xx

I've done so much research on the 457 visa over the last few weeks - if there's anything else you need to know - just ask!!! People are pretty helpful on here too!!

Guest Jadeanna

Hi Guy's

I am also in the middle of processing my 457 visa. I too am submitting the visa application myself. My employer is doing the nomination part this week. We have been emailing back and forward to make sure everything matches. I found it hard to find an ANZSCO code for my occupation. I have been offered a role of "Corporate Account Manager". The ANZSCO code for "Customer Service Manager" seems to be the closest match.

It is a very nerve racking experience as I don't want anything to go wrong. Hopefully it will be straight forward as it is an intra-company transfer.

Good luck to all.

I too was sponsored by my employer, my 457 took 15 working days from submission to approval. No medial. No queries about my DR10 driving conviction (submitted ACPO with my documents). I was very impressed / surprised how straight-forward it was!

Flying to Melbourne on August 13 :)

Guest jmahood

I've got employee sponsorship and so far it's been 9 weeks. Migration Lawyer claims delay is due to "backlog of applications". Personally I think he simply forgot he was meant to process the relevant forms when he took the month of May off and then suddenly realised at the end of June that he needed to get it done. It can be quite discouraging when people are getting their visa's within 5 days and I'm still waiting. Not to mention that my employer is not thrilled that I'm not at my desk making money! :mad::confused:

Guest Geordie A

hi carol.

our 457 visa application took 10 days from submission to approval. i couldnt imagine it could be more efficient.

a delighted geordie and family

We have just literally applied for ours too (457), Nomination was applied for on 22 June (have not heard anything yet in that regard).

Good luck Carol and like mentioned don't do anything until you are asked to.

Our application is not very straight forward as two of us hold British passports and the other two hold Zimbabwean, (3 are zimbabwean born one is british born), now when we completed the application the two holding Zim Passports were flagged and message stated they needed to have chest x-rays, surely this is unnecessary as they have been out of Zimbabwe for over 10 years and I assume they were just flagged due to the passport they hold. I have decided to just wait until case officer assigned then can enquire from him/her as we don't want to pay for unnecessary stuff.

Best of luck also to Jmahood, Jadeanna and Helenandstuwilk :biggrin:

We have just literally applied for ours too (457), Nomination was applied for on 22 June (have not heard anything yet in that regard).

Good luck Carol and like mentioned don't do anything until you are asked to.

Our application is not very straight forward as two of us hold British passports and the other two hold Zimbabwean, (3 are zimbabwean born one is british born), now when we completed the application the two holding Zim Passports were flagged and message stated they needed to have chest x-rays, surely this is unnecessary as they have been out of Zimbabwe for over 10 years and I assume they were just flagged due to the passport they hold. I have decided to just wait until case officer assigned then can enquire from him/her as we don't want to pay for unnecessary stuff.

Best of luck also to Jmahood, Jadeanna and Helenandstuwilk :biggrin:

Thanks Densha!! Still no news - just checked!

Guest Colbourne

Our 457 visa finally lodged....1st July..............so we are waiting too....Can't wait. Good luck with yours Carol, where you off to once it's approved?

Candice

Hiya,

We're off to Brisbane, so ours was processed at Sydney CBD Centre of Excellence (I think all the offices have different processing times due to number of applications). Our application went in on 28th June (e-visa but medicals had been done as paper submissions, sent 15 June) 7 working days in total. We noticed that they work on Saturdays as our medicals were finalised on a Sat! We are amazed as were told to expect a 5 week to 3 month wait!!!

Good luck! Generally 457s seem to be processed reasonably quickly at the moment!

Hiya,

We're off to Brisbane, so ours was processed at Sydney CBD Centre of Excellence (I think all the offices have different processing times due to number of applications). Our application went in on 28th June (e-visa but medicals had been done as paper submissions, sent 15 June) 7 working days in total. We noticed that they work on Saturdays as our medicals were finalised on a Sat! We are amazed as were told to expect a 5 week to 3 month wait!!!

Good luck! Generally 457s seem to be processed reasonably quickly at the moment!

We're off to Brisbane too so it should be processed at the same place. we've been told to hang fire with medicals as may not need them but had no response at all re the application. Did you get any e-mails or did you have someone dealing with it all for you??

Guest bourbonjack

Hi,

Once I had completed all the forms and sent back to the migration agent, plus my employer had done their bit... took 2.5 weeks to get approval/ granted....now waiting to sell my house, then off to WA!!!!

Thanks

Steve.

We're off to Brisbane too so it should be processed at the same place. we've been told to hang fire with medicals as may not need them but had no response at all re the application. Did you get any e-mails or did you have someone dealing with it all for you??

HI,

the nursing agent I got employment through submitted on our behalf. No e-mails, just kept checking the DIAC site everyday and then all it said was 'applicant approved' by each persons name. Found out (we think) that my wife didn't need medical but even though we paid for it i will let it go! So long as we have navigated through the process then I can let the idea of losing a few hundred £go

;-)

Guest asadns
Also when you get there (if not done so already) enquire with your employer about LAFHA.

Hello, I hope you can help me with this. After a long struggle, finally i have filled a 457 application today through a lawyer. My employer is quiet desparate to have me there and given me a joining date of 1st August 2011.

Can you guide how much time it normally takes to get 457 approval? I will be greatful to you.

Anyone applied after 1st july 2011, please share your timeline.

Hi Carole, our visa took about 2 weeks but was lodged through Fragomans, we didnt need a medical. Left UK on 7 Nov 2010, so over 7 months ago now, still living the dream, but have issues with our 19yrs son and his apprenticeship rights on a 457 visa!

Guest wayneo79

Hi, Im in the same boat as you. my sponsor has completed his side of the application, i completed mine with the admin payment of $275 on the 30th june. And i have not heard anything yet, however it does say it has commenced progession as of the 30th june.

I have heard from someone on here that it only took three days, think they were just very lucky.

Have you got your medical insurance in place, this will speed it along. I recommend IMAN insurance.

Archived