parents visa

pete8760

hi,my wife and i are nearing retirement and are looking to spend a lot of time with our daughter in brizzy,because we have two other children in the uk i have been told that we could not get perminent visas what is the best way to do this?

Guest guest36187

Firstly you do not meet the balance of family test required for the parent visa but there are other options. Look on the dimia web site and perhaps find an agent to chat with. Alan Colett from go Matilda helped my parents through their parent visa and I'm sure he can get u on the right road. There are many agents that post on PIO. Goodluck x x x

Guest Heathcote

Falling a parent visa if you have significant funds a subclass 405 may be possible. Happy to discuss.

Regards

Andrew

My parents came for 6 months a year on a tourist visa and they did it for 15 years until at 80 they decided to pull the pin. As one of their grandkids appears now to have emigrated back again they still have one of the grandkids around and hopefully will enjoy his kids (in a year or two). That might be another option for you - best of all worlds really.

They had no problems with visas, they came and built a granny flat on our block so we have an extra room for visitors (in theory), they bought a car and left it here when they went home for summer. That way they werent disadvantaged with their pensions being frozen, they managed to get travel insurance but on the one occasion they needed medical help they got it instantly through the reciprocal arrangement with medicare. They would have kept on doing it but the flights got a bit much for them every 6 months.

• 2 weeks later...
My parents came for 6 months a year on a tourist visa and they did it for 15 years until at 80 they decided to pull the pin. As one of their grandkids appears now to have emigrated back again they still have one of the grandkids around and hopefully will enjoy his kids (in a year or two). That might be another option for you - best of all worlds really.

They had no problems with visas, they came and built a granny flat on our block so we have an extra room for visitors (in theory), they bought a car and left it here when they went home for summer. That way they werent disadvantaged with their pensions being frozen, they managed to get travel insurance but on the one occasion they needed medical help they got it instantly through the reciprocal arrangement with medicare. They would have kept on doing it but the flights got a bit much for them every 6 months.

hi ,could you tell me what visa they applied for?

• 1 month later...
Guest spursno1

Hi My wife and i are in a similar position and would be interested in an answer-I do believe you have to leave Oz before the years up but I do not know whether you have to return to the U.K. to re-new your visa or can you go somewere else? thanks for someone giving an answer Mavin

Hi My wife and i are in a similar position and would be interested in an answer-I do believe you have to leave Oz before the years up but I do not know whether you have to return to the U.K. to re-new your visa or can you go somewere else? thanks for someone giving an answer Mavin

Hi

You don't normally have to return to the UK to renew your tourist visa. Just leave Australia. However, DIAC may get suspicious and refuse the visa if they think you are trying to 'live' in Australia on a succession of 12 monthtourist visas.

Archived