Reduced Flights for Migrants

Brown5

I believe that there are certain companies/organisations that offer reduced flight costs for migrants :err:

Is this the case or have I dreamt it LOL .... if it is the case has anyone got any recommendations.

Thanks Tracey

:unsure:

I believe that there are certain companies/organisations that offer reduced flight costs for migrants :err:

Is this the case or have I dreamt it LOL .... if it is the case has anyone got any recommendations.

Thanks Tracey

:unsure:

Hi Tracey i spoke to HiFX today they are a currency broker ,if you open an account with them they have discounts on Qantas one way flights with double baggage allowance on 457 visa which is not usual on other airlines. I only spoke for a minute or two but he told they could give discounts on other services like removals, i am ringing him tomorrow for more details,i will post again then.

Hi Tracey i spoke to HiFX today they are a currency broker ,if you open an account with them they have discounts on Qantas one way flights with double baggage allowance on 457 visa which is not usual on other airlines. I only spoke for a minute or two but he told they could give discounts on other services like removals, i am ringing him tomorrow for more details,i will post again then.

Just found this also:

Home | Contact Us | Glossary

HomeForeign ExchangeAustralian Bank AccountsMortgagesFinancial PlanningNew Zealand BankingSpecial OffersEvents

Qantas | Anglo Pacific

If you currently hold an account with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s London office, you may be eligible to take advantage of great migrant fares with Qantas Airways*.

With the Qantas special migrant fare you can benefit from:

Great one-way economy class fares to Australia*

Baggage allowance of up to 40 kilos per person*

Stopovers in the Far East – including Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok when booked by phone^

Premium Economy and Business migrant fares also available to Australia

Log in now with your Surname and London Transfer Account Number to book your flights with Qantas Airways.

Your Surname*

Account Number*

* Required field▶ Continue

* Fares and baggage allowance only permitted to those in possession of the following unused visa types to Australia: Temporary Business Long Stay – Standard Business Sponsorship (subclass 457), Medical Practitioner visa (subclass 422), Educational visa (subclass 418), Investor Retirement (subclass 405), Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 121/856), Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 119/857), Skilled Independent (subclass 175), Skilled sponsored (subclass176), Skilled sponsored (subclass 475). Applicable on Qantas operated services only ex London to Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. Terms and conditions apply.

^ To book your itinerary with stopovers please contact Qantas on 0208 600 4342. Additional airport taxes and fees may be required for additional stopovers and/or alternative routings. Stopovers not permitted in Australia when traveling to New Zealand.

For queries regarding migrant fares please contact Qantas

Guest Guest 47403
Oh thank you I think Moneycorp do something similar I will enquire

Tracey

Strangley moneycorp don't offer this if you have a 176 visa, there terms and conditions are below:

Terms and Conditions:

Fares: Fares and Baggage allowance only permitted to those in possession of the following unused visa types to Australia: Temporary Business Long Stay – Standard Business Sponsorship (subclass 457), Medical Practitioner visa (subclass 422), Educational visa (subclass 418), Investor Retirement (subclass 405), Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 121/856), Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 119/857), Spouse Permanent Visa (subclass 100), Contributory Parent (subclass 143), Skilled Independent (subclass 175) & Skilled sponsored (subclass 475/136/138) and the following unused visa types to New Zealand: Skilled migrant visa, LBTV visa, Investor Visa, Work to residence visa and temporary work visa. Note visas will be verified at check in, excess baggage fees may apply if above criteria is not fulfilled. Valid on Qantas operated services only ex London Heathrow, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and Newcastle to Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington and Queenstown. Premium Economy and Business Class not available to New Zealand. To book your itinerary with stopovers please contact Qantas on 0208 600 4342. Additional airport taxes and fees may be required for additional stopovers and/or alternative routings. Stopovers not permitted in Australia when travelling to New Zealand. All fares are subject to availability.

Sale Period: For new bookings effective until 31 Dec 2011

Children and Infants: Discounts apply on international routes.

Rebooking: Date changes permitted at £100 per change within the Travel Period and are subject to a local service fee.

Rerouting: £100 per reroute and subject to a local service fee.

Cancellations: Before departure a cancellation fee of £300 applies. Once travel has commenced, no refund. Service fees apply for any changes to both e-tickets and paper tickets.

Guest MontyClaude

We booked our flights through IOM. Flying with Qantas from Dublin to Melbourne in Oct for €1400 for the two of us with 40KG's each.

Saying that we flew return last March with Malaysian airlines for €1200 for the two of us!

Just found this also:

Home | Contact Us | Glossary

HomeForeign ExchangeAustralian Bank AccountsMortgagesFinancial PlanningNew Zealand BankingSpecial OffersEvents

Qantas | Anglo Pacific

If you currently hold an account with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s London office, you may be eligible to take advantage of great migrant fares with Qantas Airways*.

With the Qantas special migrant fare you can benefit from:

Great one-way economy class fares to Australia*

Baggage allowance of up to 40 kilos per person*

Stopovers in the Far East – including Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok when booked by phone^

Premium Economy and Business migrant fares also available to Australia

Log in now with your Surname and London Transfer Account Number to book your flights with Qantas Airways.

Your Surname*

Account Number*

* Required field▶ Continue

* Fares and baggage allowance only permitted to those in possession of the following unused visa types to Australia: Temporary Business Long Stay – Standard Business Sponsorship (subclass 457), Medical Practitioner visa (subclass 422), Educational visa (subclass 418), Investor Retirement (subclass 405), Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 121/856), Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 119/857), Skilled Independent (subclass 175), Skilled sponsored (subclass176), Skilled sponsored (subclass 475). Applicable on Qantas operated services only ex London to Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. Terms and conditions apply.

^ To book your itinerary with stopovers please contact Qantas on 0208 600 4342. Additional airport taxes and fees may be required for additional stopovers and/or alternative routings. Stopovers not permitted in Australia when traveling to New Zealand.

For queries regarding migrant fares please contact Qantas

Where did you find this? There is no link?

Thanks in advance

Where did you find this? There is no link?

Thanks in advance

Migrant fares referral

"SHRUKIDISCOUNTTRAVEL@qantas.com.au" <SHRUKIDISCOUNTTRAVEL@qantas.com.au>

Add to Contacts

To:

Hello,

We have been given your email address by our HiFX representative and believe that you are planning to emigrate to Australia.

If you would like us to check the flights and quote the fare for you , please feel free to email shrukidiscounttravel@qantas.com.au or call on 0208 600 4342.

We offer a special migrant fare and double luggage allowance for passengers who travel on unused migrant visa.

Kind regards

Ni****a - Christine

UK/I Discount Travel

Technical Support

shrukidiscounttravel@qantas.com.au

Tel: 0208 600 4343

Use the 02 number on the post ,tell them you got the number from HiFX and they will give you a price with 40kg of baggage,this number goes to Qantas discount offers !!

Thanks for the info.

I have a permenant job in Perth, but I am going in on a working visa and they are sorting out a 457 while I am in post. Will this still qualify me for the extra allowance? Are there any other airlines you are aware of that do something similar?

Thanks in advance

Guest Guest 47403
Thanks for the info.

I have a permenant job in Perth, but I am going in on a working visa and they are sorting out a 457 while I am in post. Will this still qualify me for the extra allowance? Are there any other airlines you are aware of that do something similar?

Thanks in advance

No not on an initial WHV if you were flying out on a 457 then you could get it.

Archived