Visa granted, talking to recruiters it's going to happen!!!

foyna

New to the site but so many great posts thought I'd say hi! My partner and I are making the move at the end of September to Sydney! Super excited and so many things to consider. Any views on the following would be great:

• Ship or not? Saw a post saying to ship things is it really worth it? If so, who's best?
  • Should I get a job before I go or contract when I arrive? I work in IT and have been speaking to a recruiter who's been keen and helpful but bit worried about going for a job at a company I've never met!
  • Will we get a place to rent in Sydney? Thinking Balmain or Woolstonecraft and bit worried about the agents offering 15minute viewing time!
  • Looks like a no but can you get LAFHA on a 176 visa
  • What's a good relocation package? Boyfriend's told company we're off so wondering if others have been in that place and did you negotiate a good package!

If anyone's got any advice on the following it'd be great!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
New to the site but so many great posts thought I'd say hi! My partner and I are making the move at the end of September to Sydney! Super excited and so many things to consider. Any views on the following would be great:

• Ship or not? Saw a post saying to ship things is it really worth it? If so, who's best?

• Should I get a job before I go or contract when I arrive? I work in IT and have been speaking to a recruiter who's been keen and helpful but bit worried about going for a job at a company I've never met!

• Will we get a place to rent in Sydney? Thinking Balmain or Woolstonecraft and bit worried about the agents offering 15minute viewing time!

• Looks like a no but can you get LAFHA on a 176 visa

• What's a good relocation package? Boyfriend's told company we're off so wondering if others have been in that place and did you negotiate a good package!

If anyone's got any advice on the following it'd be great!

We are still in the uk but we have some nice furniture and we think we would ship it out, i think you need to weigh up whether its financially in your favour to pay say ........ £4,000 for shipping, or to spend that money when you get there.

As for the other things hopefully someone will help you on those matters, best of luck.

check out realestate.com.au.

Archived