Family Sponsored 176- Where are you now?

jimithechew

CONGRATULATIONS on getting your visa 2day :biggrin:. Hope our wait is about the same time as yours. We are looking to go out to australia in sept on working visa's and hopefully will only come back for result of visa fingers crossed it doesnt take over 2yrs. Good luck with your plans I bet your going to be doing lots of celebrating :0)

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, We lodged our 176 family sponsored on 4.6.11 and we both have a 12mnth working visa and are hoping to go over in sept but im not sure if we have to have our medicals done in the uk if im requested to go for medicals whilst im in australia can that be done there does anybody have any info would be much appreciated thanx :0)

Guest espam1985

Hiii Guyss !!

Got my visa grant mail today ... Thank you all for the support .. this is a great forum .. Thnks agian guys ..

My time line ACS (ICT busi. Analyst ) Oct. 2010 ,visa app (176 Family sponrd) 09/11/2010 , CO 14/06/2011, Grant 21/06/2011

Hiii Guyss !!

Got my visa grant mail today ... Thank you all for the support .. this is a great forum .. Thnks agian guys ..

My time line ACS (ICT busi. Analyst ) Oct. 2010 ,visa app (176 Family sponrd) 09/11/2010 , CO 14/06/2011, Grant 21/06/2011

congratulations :-)

Guest hellorajshahi
Hiii Guyss !!

Congratulation

We sent our application in March 2008. 2299-79 Business & Information Professionals. Haven't heard anything at all from either our agent or DIAC. Kinda given up hope, atleast if we are not getting the visa they should cap it off, in which way we atleast get a refund.

Guest VXM665

Reply for an application lodged on 12th August 2010 for 175. The new deadline for 18th March e-mail receivers seems to be 30th September. Disappointing!

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Thank you for your enquiry and your advice that you have completed all items requested in this email. I note your concern that you have not yet been contacted by a case officer in regards to your General Skilled Migration (GSM) application.

I can confirm that applicants in Priority Group 3 who were emailed in March 2011 are still expected to have their application considered shortly.

As explained in this email, priority processing arrangements are in place covering the order of assessment of GSM applications. These arrangements are set in a Direction issued by the Minister and must be followed. Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory?s state migration plan continue to be allocated as the highest priority.

A higher than anticipated number of higher priority applications have been received in recent months, impacting the Department's ability to allocate cases within your priority group.

Despite this, GSM can confirm that the assessment of applications in your priority group continues each week in significant volumes, after the allocation of any outstanding higher priority applications.

It is now expected that you will be contacted by your case officer by 30 September 2011. We request that you allow this period of time for your application to be assessed before contacting the Department.

You may continue to undertake any of the requirements of the March 2011 email that are incomplete, referring to the guidance provided in that email.

In the meantime you may wish to follow the published dates for GSM applications currently being considered, available by sending a blank email to gsm.processing@immi.gov.au.

Yours sincerely,

Norbert O

Reference:http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...709815&page=16

Hiii Guyss !!

Congratulations 

Hi all and congratulations to those who have received their visa's!

I applied for family sponsored 176 visa on the 16th June 2011. I've uploaded most of my documents. I'm wanting to get everything out the way so I can just wait for the result. Would I be silly applying for medicals and police checks now??

Also, to those who have received their approved visa applications recently, is the 12 month validation period from the date your visa was approved?

Thanks guys and let the wait begin :cute:

Guest Jen257
hi

dose your CO asked only for only one evidence of residency for your sponsor ?

because i have submitted 4 evidences ( water - elec. tel. - even the home contract ) of my sponsor

Yes he's asked for one utility bill which he has now received. We have done everything else, the only thing we are waiting for is the medical document department who are holding my non migrating stepsons medical report. We had to do that one by post as there was no link to submit it online like we did with all the others. Our deadline is 11 July. I'm hoping the other dept are going to hurry up and clear his medical soon.

There isn't anything else to do now but wait.

Guest Jen257
Dear All family sponsored visa applicants,

I have just finished uploading all documents required in the check list. Did you upload form 80 or not? Is it required to be uploaded ?

We did not upload form 80. We have them scanned and ready but our case officer hasn't asked for them.

Guest Jen257
We didn't send in form 80. Our agent said that the CO hadn't requested it.

Visa was granted on Monday

Congratulations! I am sooo stressed right now wondering and hoping we will get ours. I check the emails as soon as I get up. I'm obsessed! 

I want to know NOW!!!

Hi guys,

This is a great thread and it's nice to see that we are not the only ones in this particular boat.

We lodged our e-visa today and I wonder if you might be able to answer some questions for us? When we looked online after lodging it has a list of documents, medicals etc that all have 'required' next to them. From reading other posts, it seems that a lot of folks hang on until a CO asks them for these docs. Would we be able to organise and upload them now - well, in the next week or so? If so, what would be out next step?

Steve and Pip.

Guest guest38933
hi all..happy to report we got our visa today :-)

Congratulations :biggrin:

WE GOT OURS YESTERDAY :jiggy:

Granted 27/06/11 VE 176

Just putting the house on the Market today and selling the cars :idea:

Funny thing I have a promotion at work until I leave now

Guest guest38933
congratulations :-)

so when you planning on going?

ASAP , but still going to Adelaide, we have friends there and I've been offered a job :)

I also have a interview at BAE when I land :)

Just hope I sell my 2bed end terraced house sharpish because that be the date

You?

Adelaide, we have friends there and I've been offered a job :)

I also have a interview at BAE when I land :)

Just hope I sell my 2bed end terraced house sharpish

You?

hopefully flying out to sydney on nov 7th, booking flights tomorrow..then working our way up to the brisbane area over the next couple of weeks,my brother is renting my house,,will find some work nearer the time :-)

Hi guys,

This is a great thread and it's nice to see that we are not the only ones in this particular boat.

We lodged our e-visa today and I wonder if you might be able to answer some questions for us? When we looked online after lodging it has a list of documents, medicals etc that all have 'required' next to them. From reading other posts, it seems that a lot of folks hang on until a CO asks them for these docs. Would we be able to organise and upload them now - well, in the next week or so? If so, what would be out next step?

Steve and Pip.

Hiya,

Now that you have applied for your visa you'll eventually receive an email from diac explaining what is required. To upload documents go here https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

You can start uploading documents straight away then its done. However, hang back from filling out forms 80 and 1221 (which will be listed as required documents from diac in the email) as when you get a case officer (CO) they may not request them. Furthermore, hold back completing medicals and police checks, as they are only valid for a year and from what I've seen on here it can take the best part of a year to get a CO. Or even if you have a CO, you only have a year to validate the visa from the earliest date on either your medical or police check, not a year from the visa being granted.

Hope this helps:cute:

Hiya,

Now that you have applied for your visa you'll eventually receive an email from diac explaining what is required. To upload documents go here https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/attachment/start.do?attachType=VISA_APPLICATION&group=travel

You can start uploading documents straight away then its done. However, hang back from filling out forms 80 and 1221 (which will be listed as required documents from diac in the email) as when you get a case officer (CO) they may not request them. Furthermore, hold back completing medicals and police checks, as they are only valid for a year and from what I've seen on here it can take the best part of a year to get a CO. Or even if you have a CO, you only have a year to validate the visa from the earliest date on either your medical or police check, not a year from the visa being granted.

Hi Jenny,

That's great. My wife is also a nurse. Can I ask - when you filled your visa in, what reference number did you put for the skills assessment bit? AHPRA have written to my wife to say she is eligible but have not provided any number at all - not even a reference number for the letter.

Hi Jenny,

That's great. My wife is also a nurse. Can I ask - when you filled your visa in, what reference number did you put for the skills assessment bit? AHPRA have written to my wife to say she is eligible but have not provided any number at all - not even a reference number for the letter.

Hiya, no probs. When I applied for the skills assessment online with ANMAC they sent an application email which had an application reference number at the top of it, I used that. When I received my skills assessment in the post it also had this reference number on it. I'm not registered with AHPRA yet and such details were not asked for when I lodged my visa application.

Archived