Moving to Mandurah?

littlem

HI Donna

Barbie sounds like a great plan, I hope you have a fab trip, think of us on the 2nd as thats the day we land so exciting!

We have the shippers coming in just over 5 weeks so much to do :wacko::wacko:

Michelle

Hi Michelle

I will be thinking of you, on the 2nd. Are you taking everything with you, or not that much? Who have you gone with? We are taking the lot, (if we can fit it in).

Bet you are getting stressed out sorting it all out.. but it is exciting too. Just think this will be your first xmas In Oz... Are you taking all xmas stuff with you or buying new. It's a lot think about. :goofy:

Keep me posted on your developments...

Donna

Hi Donna

We are taking the lot. Decided on pickfords in the end. We are going to wait 2 years before we buy have a good look about etc and make sure we are settled. so as much as I wanted new I was worried we would waste our money and have to buy all again when we bought our own place. This way we can buy nice new stuff that suits the home we buy, well that's the plan anyway :)

We were quoted for a full container so I am just hoping that it all fits. Going to take all my Xmas stuff I love it plus it's my daughters bday Xmas eve so want to make it feel christmassy for her. We will have friends to spend Xmas with but I still think it's going to be wierd. I'm a bit of a sucker for tradition at Christmas.

In fact that's the jobs this weekend we have to get the christmas stuff down from the loft to sort. Get rid of all the pine cones and things.

Michelle

Hi we are a family of 4, 2 girls 8 and 5 we are moving to Mandurah at the end of November and just wanted to start a thread to see who else is going? We are looking to settle in the Halls Head area.

Excited about the move but also very scared at the same time so would be great to find a few more families looking to do the same. Where we could chat and share info.

:biggrin:

Michelle

Hi Michelle

I'm Ali, my partner is Chris and I have a son who is 12 years old. We are also moving to live in Mandurah. We leave next week - yikes! We are flying Qantas on Friday 2nd Sept and arrive Sunday 4th via Singapore. We will be moving to Halls Head so I thought I'd drop you a line. We are moving from Poole, Dorset as permanent residents. How about you? What are your plans? Mad, busy here trying to get everything done in time. Hopefully we'll get it all sorted by the time we leave (in an ideal world)! Hope to hear from you.

Ali

Hi Michelle

I'm Ali, my partner is Chris and I have a son who is 12 years old. We are also moving to live in Mandurah. We leave next week - yikes! We are flying Qantas on Friday 2nd Sept and arrive Sunday 4th via Singapore. We will be moving to Halls Head so I thought I'd drop you a line. We are moving from Poole, Dorset as permanent residents. How about you? What are your plans? Mad, busy here trying to get everything done in time. Hopefully we'll get it all sorted by the time we leave (in an ideal world)! Hope to hear from you.

Ali

Hi ali

Wow leaving next week :) good luck with it all. We are from Hampshire too fleet, have a relative in Poole :) have you got jobs to go to and somewhere to stay when you arrive?

Michelle

Hi Michelle

Yes, all a bit mad here trying to get everything done last minute. There are so many niggles and last minute issues to deal with that we're trying to tie up before we leave the UK next Friday. We've booked a furnished apartment over in South Yunderup so that we don't need to worry about going out and shopping for things whilst we wait for our shipping to arrive. Let's face it, the whole move out is expensive enough so we didn't want to incur any additional unnecesssary costs. We'll move into Halls Head once our shipping arrives to the door hopefully by mid October. Chris has got work to walk into and I want to find a job asap. What about you? Do you have jobs? Do you have somewhere to stay? Have you got schools sorted? Is it a company move or are you doing it alone?

Poole is a nice place but I think that Mandurah is like Poole in the sun!

Ali

Hi ali

Wow leaving next week :) good luck with it all. We are from Hampshire too fleet, have a relative in Poole :) have you got jobs to go to and somewhere to stay when you arrive?

Michelle

HI guys we're not moving until Jan/Feb but like the look of Secret Harbour and Mandurah infact the rentals are alot cheaper down there! Sooo nervous just getting quotes now it seems sooo much to do in a short space of time!!!!

Hi the time goes so quick I am starting to panic now 4.5 weeks till the shippers come...so scared ! Have you booked your flights yet I think that was when it felt real to me. I don't think you can go wrong with Secret harbour or mandurah and your right much more reasonable rents.

Michelle

So excited for you, let us know how things are when you land:)

We dont have jobs yet will start applying and making some calls about oct time. We have friends in north Perth and they are going to help us set up a 6 month let for when we arrive. We are shipping our stuff at the end of September. We are moving in with my mum for 2 months. We have decided we will live anywhere in halls head as both the schools look okay. It's a bit of a gamble but I am sure it will be okay.

What line of work are you in, is your husband going to be working in mandurah?

Michelle

Hi Michelle

Yes, all a bit mad here trying to get everything done last minute. There are so many niggles and last minute issues to deal with that we're trying to tie up before we leave the UK next Friday. We've booked a furnished apartment over in South Yunderup so that we don't need to worry about going out and shopping for things whilst we wait for our shipping to arrive. Let's face it, the whole move out is expensive enough so we didn't want to incur any additional unnecesssary costs. We'll move into Halls Head once our shipping arrives to the door hopefully by mid October. Chris has got work to walk into and I want to find a job asap. What about you? Do you have jobs? Do you have somewhere to stay? Have you got schools sorted? Is it a company move or are you doing it alone?

Poole is a nice place but I think that Mandurah is like Poole in the sun!

Ali

Hi my partner has just been offered a sponsorship for a job in Mandurah so just starting the visa application, looking at meadow springs or greenhills initially, does anyone know what these area's are like?

Mandurah looks amazing so much to do and very family friendly we dont have kids yet but looks a good place to bring them up.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats on the job offer. I don't know and dont want to offend anyone but have been told to avoid greenfields.

Michelle

Hi Michelle, we are a family of 4, we have two girls age 7 and 5, we returned from Perth on saturday after an orientation visit. After looking at suburbs nearer Perth we decided to head south, we loved Mandurah and secret harbour, we are hoping to move end decemebr or early jan. I think we will be heading to secret harbour as its sightly nearer to Perth for my hubby, although he will be covering the whole of australia with his job. I am nervous about the move...but also very excited as know there are lots of people making the move, good luck Nic x

Hi nic,

Did you have a great time? Shame about the weather you've come back to. Secret harbour looks nice there are quite a few on pio living there. What do your kids think about the move? Are they excited?

Hi Donna

We are taking the lot. Decided on pickfords in the end. We are going to wait 2 years before we buy have a good look about etc and make sure we are settled. so as much as I wanted new I was worried we would waste our money and have to buy all again when we bought our own place. This way we can buy nice new stuff that suits the home we buy, well that's the plan anyway :)

We were quoted for a full container so I am just hoping that it all fits. Going to take all my Xmas stuff I love it plus it's my daughters bday Xmas eve so want to make it feel christmassy for her. We will have friends to spend Xmas with but I still think it's going to be wierd. I'm a bit of a sucker for tradition at Christmas.

In fact that's the jobs this weekend we have to get the christmas stuff down from the loft to sort. Get rid of all the pine cones and things.

Michelle

Hi Michelle

You will have to let me know if they are any good. Ah your daughter must love xmas, double wammy pressies. I will be taking mine probably, as I bought new decorations last year, cost quite a bit, when you put it all together. We are starting to go through our loft next month, we have all sorts up there, lot of it will be binned. It is nice you have a friend to spend it with, when will all your stuff arrive? It will be strange spending xmas is the nice weather. My kids find that weird that it won't be cold at xmas and want to know if Santa wears his red coat, as it will be to hot for him. (ah bless) I will try and find a grotto while I'm there as it will be a mad rush when we get back.

Keep my posted.

Donna :yellow_guy_smiling_

Hey guys we are in meadow springs, mandurah we have been here since January if you have any questions I would be glad to try and help.

Guest blackpool3

Hi All - We have had our visas granted and looking to head to Mandurah (475 visa) visited there 3 years ago and loved the place but worrying about the job situation for that area - I have 22 years offshore Oil & gas experience (health & safety) amongst other things but not sure what use that will be. My son will be looking to go onto further education or part time jobs - anybody any experience of the job situation over there at the moment..regards Steve

Hi, we have just moved out to Mandurah. That's me, Ali, my partner Chris and my 12 year old son Greg. We're in rented just now in South Yunderup and will be moving over to Halls Head permanently as soon as our shipping arrives (hopefully mid Oct fingers crossed). Would be lovely to meet new friends in the area.

Please drop me a line if you fancy a meet up and a coffee.

Thanks

Ali

Archived