Sydney Suburbs

Guest Gregbairn

Guest Gregbairn

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at areas to live in Sydney. I would be working in Rozelle but have 2 small children (1 and 3yrs old) and we are looking for an area which would give us good transport access (train, buses) to both Rozelle and a good child friendly beach.

Anyone any advice about where we should be looking. Hopefully within 30mins of both?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Greg

Guest Gregbairn

Thanks!!

I've been searching and it doesnt look like Rozelle is on the train lines so looking at the bus routes and timings at the moment.

Its hard to balance out! Obviously we want to be quite close to the beaches but dont want to travel to much to work either!!

Transportation is terrible in Sydney!! When are they going to get a metro system???

Guest Gregbairn

Im just looking at the transport pages and Sydenham looks like it would be good travel wise. 30mins by bus to Rozelle and around 45mins to Cronulla. Not sure how the area is though...

Guest Gregbairn

Actually checking again Bondi Junction looks like it might be perfect. 30mins travel to Rozelle.

Can anyone tell me what it is like for families to live there?

Guest Gregbairn

Yeah thanks.

I was actually just looking at that now and you are right. Doesnt really seem the place for a famliy.

Any suggestions???

Guest fieldy81

ive only been to few places around syd,manly is gorgeous close to syd and gorgeous really pricey id imagine though,sorry not much help

Guest Gregbairn

I've just been looking at Randwick.

Sounds like a good area for families, close to the beach and also has a direct bus to Rozelle.

Will keep looking but this looks like my favourite so far!

I've just been looking at Randwick.

Sounds like a good area for families, close to the beach and also has a direct bus to Rozelle.

Will keep looking but this looks like my favourite so far!

Hi U should look at the Sutherland shire, We live in Caringbah 5 mins from Cronulla some of the most beautIful beaches u will see.

Its a great place for families of all ages, my kids are all teenagers but I also have friends that have young kids and they love it here.

The train goes direct to the city takes about 40 mins

We were lucky I worked for a Aussie in the UK and he told us about the this place and Im so glad he did.

Hope this helps and good luck :biggrin:

What sort of price range per week are you looking at?

When we first started looking from the UK we were talking about paying $500 a week. This then changed to $600 a week from looking on Domain. Now when we are here and looking around we have changed it to $800 a week.

Randwick is a nice area. Very close to the city and good access to Coogee which is a great spot - excellent beach and play area for kids etc.

Guest Gregbairn

Budget we are looking at is around $500 per week.

Looking on realestate.com.au the prices in Randwick are pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Budget we are looking at is around $500 per week.

Looking on realestate.com.au the prices in Randwick are pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Well while not reasonable it's the price you've got to pay. That budget in Randwick should get you a 2 bed unit in an older block. Perhaps with a balcony or sunroom. But it is a good location.

Agents photos are very misleading by the way. Went to see one in randwick last week for 580 which looked great but we got there and it was minging. They photoshop the pictures for god's sake.

Archived