Great Wall Ute Advice please

Guest keith T8

Guest keith T8

Very sorry if this subject has been brought up before, but i cannot find it anywhere. I have been reading about these Great Wall twin cab ute's, which i am presuming are very much like the Mitsubishi L200 and Nissan Nevara. Has anyone out there had any experience of these motors and if so what do they think of them. We are moving down under early August and i am seriously contemplating buying one but would just like a little feedback from anyone who has possibly owned one already.

Cheers Keith

Safety tests returned 2 stars out of 5. Not good.

It has a warranty the same as any other at 3 years 100,000km so they're confident it's not going to break down, and it has a decent Mitsubishi donk in it, but they're noisy as all hell, drive like a pig and look like the back end of a horse.

We've got one at work, we were thinking about changing the fleet over from Mitsub to these things, elected not to. You get loads of extras for the price, and if it's your second vehicle which you're going to use to run things down the dump they're OK, but as a primary vehicle, then I wouldn't. At home we bought a Navara recently, not as capable as a landcruiser but far more comfortable - you have to watch the models though as one is low to the ground and crap off road, the other is higher clearance but a bit rougher on the road.

They're made in China and probably a generation behind the competition.

But on the other hand they are cheap so as long as you know what you are getting for the lower price they are probably worth considering.

Guest guest30038

Despite the Mitsubishi donk they're as sluggish as hell and don't pull as they're rated to pull IMHO. I towed my boat with one once and jeeeeeeeez it struggled.........thought I was gonna go backwards down the hill.

kev

Archived