About the new IELTS requirments

swjana

Hi all,

I have a small thing to get clarified hope someone will help me out, below is the new IELTS requirements according to the new points system.

Proficient English (IELTS 7) 10

Superior English (IELTS 8) 20

My question is is it for each band in IELTS or the overall band score, any advice will be appreciated.

Regards

Jana.

Hi all,

I have a small thing to get clarified hope someone will help me out, below is the new IELTS requirements according to the new points system.

Proficient English (IELTS 7) 10

Superior English (IELTS 8) 20

My question is is it for each band in IELTS or the overall band score, any advice will be appreciated.

Regards

Jana.

The Regulations for the new points system have yet been released, so the answer is we do not yet know for sure.

There has been this info released that confirms this though from immi :

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-testfaq.pdf

You are correct that Immigration has released some information, however, those are not the Regulations and simply a proposal of what the new system may look like.

That information is old and already it appears that Regulations will not match that information regarding the allocation of points, as these will change.

Therefore questions regarding allocation of points under the new system can not be answered with any degree of certainty until the Regulations have been released.

Raul is absolutely correct. The new laws have not been passed or issued and so it is impossible for anyone to state what the new points test will involve. Legally, the information issued by DIAC last November is nothing more than a press release.

It would be helpful of course if the regulations had been issued by now since it makes it very hard to give advice to anyone without the new laws.

Don't know....nobody knows as DIAC have not announced when they will announce the new laws.

Three separate representatives of DIAC told me today, in person, that it is coming in on 1st July, as the paperwork I linked to above outlines the points etc, and no-way is it not coming in then. I did mention to them about laws being passed, and they said no to worry about that it was all taken care of.

I will take DIAC's word over an agent personally.

I am not saying the new points test is not coming in on July 1 PostivePixie. i merely stated the truth that the new regulations have not been issued and migration lawyers and agents do not know when they will be issued as DIAC have not said when they will be issued. It is normal for new laws to be introduced and published BEFORE they are to be effective, although this is not always the case. Not having published the new regulations when it is already June makes it difficult to give proper, considered advice. Nice of DIAC employees to say not to worry but frankly the new rules should have been published by now.

Archived