Shipping collected

Richste

Well we had the shippers in yesterday to pack our stuff up and send to Canberra, they turned up at 8.50am and where packed and loaded by 3.30pm. We are using Crown and the 3 guys that turned up where great(just make sure you keep them supplied with tea & biscuits!!), so we will see what happens at the other end and will let you know if we are still singing the praises of Crown.

Rich & Steven

Guest biomedical scientist

Could you tell me how much it cost for you to send your belongings by Crown? We have a two bed house worth of contents to ship

Could you tell me how much it cost for you to send your belongings by Crown? We have a two bed house worth of contents to ship

Ours is a 2 bed house as well and we sent ours as groupage and have paid £3000, because we are going to Canberra its going to more pricier as they have to send it by road from Sydney to Canberra so they factor this in as well.

Hope that helps

Rich

Guest biomedical scientist

Thanks for that. Did they tell you how long it will take to get there - have you sent it much in advance to you actually going? We are thinking of sending some items by air freight as we need them asap. (musical equipment)

They said it could be about 12 weeks but of course cannot give exact estimate as need to get the rest of the container filled first, we get to Canberra on 26/7/11 so have sent it a quite a bit in advance. We have also sent 2 boxes of clothes already with Seven Seas about 3 weeks ago so they should be there not long after we arrive

Rich

Well we had the shippers in yesterday to pack our stuff up and send to Canberra, they turned up at 8.50am and where packed and loaded by 3.30pm. We are using Crown and the 3 guys that turned up where great(just make sure you keep them supplied with tea & biscuits!!), so we will see what happens at the other end and will let you know if we are still singing the praises of Crown.

Rich & Steven

We have had the packers in for the last 3 days (John Mason) and it took them 8 hrs to load the 40ft container !!. Their surveyor seriously underestimated the amount of "stuff" we had (he estimated 1461 cubic feet) but the packers reckoned it was more like 2000 cubic feet. The packers though were excellent, and I would thoroughly recommend them. On the last day they arrived at 07.30 and finished at 18.00.

So the container is packed and gone and now I have to cope with the logistics of moving a family of 5 with 162Kg of baggage to Sydney tomorrow !!

PS This forum has been really useful and most questions I've had have been asked before so it just shows we all go through the same problems / issues.

We have had the packers in for the last 3 days (John Mason) and it took them 8 hrs to load the 40ft container !!. Their surveyor seriously underestimated the amount of "stuff" we had (he estimated 1461 cubic feet) but the packers reckoned it was more like 2000 cubic feet. The packers though were excellent, and I would thoroughly recommend them. On the last day they arrived at 07.30 and finished at 18.00.

So the container is packed and gone and now I have to cope with the logistics of moving a family of 5 with 162Kg of baggage to Sydney tomorrow !!

PS This forum has been really useful and most questions I've had have been asked before so it just shows we all go through the same problems / issues.

Hi

Did they manage to fit it all in then or did you have to leave stuff behind? We are thinking of going with John Mason too.

Also, did they charge you extra or as it was their mistake, they kept to the original quote.

Thanks

Claire

Rich & Steven

Glad to hear it went well. Hope to see you both in Canberra.

Claire

John Mason have packed 75% of our stuff Yesterday, and today they will pack the rest and load it up. I'm glad it's all boxed up because the mess was stressing us all out. Now we can have a nice relaxing time sitting on the floor, eating take-out food and drinking the last remaining booze from paper cups!

Hi

Did they manage to fit it all in then or did you have to leave stuff behind? We are thinking of going with John Mason too.

Also, did they charge you extra or as it was their mistake, they kept to the original quote.

Thanks

Claire

Hi

Yes everything fitted (they had space for just 2 medium size boxes in a 40ft container, 286 boxes in total!!) and no they didn't charge extra as it was their estimators fault (they have had problems with him before, like missing out the contents of rooms, sheds etc). I would highly recommend the packers, just feed and water them at regular intervals!!

We used Masons last week the guys were great but the plonker who estimated missed off a 3 seater and a two seater sofa.Luckily we decided not to take our beds so it all fitted.If we hadnt changed our minds it wouldnt have fit.

Guest Homemaker
Hi

Yes everything fitted (they had space for just 2 medium size boxes in a 40ft container, 286 boxes in total!!) and no they didn't charge extra as it was their estimators fault (they have had problems with him before, like missing out the contents of rooms, sheds etc). I would highly recommend the packers, just feed and water them at regular intervals!!

That's good that they didn't charge you extra because their estimate was wrong, i've heard some removal companies are way out and wack on a huge charge!

We had Crown from Livingston in the last 2 days to squeeze our stuff into a full 20 footer. Excellent :)

We now have a nearly empty house and we dont leave till 4 July.

Cost was £4,609 to Brisbane

Hi there we also had Crown to pack our stuff and we also leave on the 4th July, dont know about you but there still seems a lot to do before we go, my hubby and I have now finish work so we can get stuck in and get it done.

We are heading for the Gold Coast what about you guys, we are flying with Emirates, heard good things about them so fingers crossed.

Good luck with the move.

Wilma

Hi there we also had Crown to pack our stuff and we also leave on the 4th July, dont know about you but there still seems a lot to do before we go, my hubby and I have now finish work so we can get stuck in and get it done.

We are heading for the Gold Coast what about you guys, we are flying with Emirates, heard good things about them so fingers crossed.

Good luck with the move.

Wilma

We're pretty hectic just now as well, but I'm still working till the 24 June and have an Aussie tax exam next week.

We're flying out of Newcastle and I assume you're not, but we'll maybe be on the same flight after Dubai? We leave Dubai approx 2 or 3 am on the 5 July

Not sure where we'll end up, but thinking Bayside somewhere is most likely.

Good luck,

Mike

We're pretty hectic just now as well, but I'm still working till the 24 June and have an Aussie tax exam next week.

We're flying out of Newcastle and I assume you're not, but we'll maybe be on the same flight after Dubai? We leave Dubai approx 2 or 3 am on the 5 July

Not sure where we'll end up, but thinking Bayside somewhere is most likely.

Good luck,

Mike

We are on flight No EK432 from Dubai to Brisbane.

Good luck with your exam next week.

Wilma

Hi

Hiya

How much did they charge for a 40ft container? Just wondering whether all of ours will fit in a 20ft - that seems so small!! :biggrin:

Hi

They charged £7350 for a 40ft container and that was supposed to cover 2 packers for 3 days but on the last day they needed 3 packers due to the poor estimation. Im sure this price could have been "haggled" down but they were the cheapest anyway and it was a company assisted move (i.e. not my money).

Hi

They charged £7350 for a 40ft container and that was supposed to cover 2 packers for 3 days but on the last day they needed 3 packers due to the poor estimation. Im sure this price could have been "haggled" down but they were the cheapest anyway and it was a company assisted move (i.e. not my money).

Jeez that's expensive! You are lucky having your company pay then!

Hopefully we will be able to get it all in a 20ft :biggrin:

We eventually haggled down to £8300 for a 40ft exclusive use container from around £9500.

We have to pay extra as living on Isle of Man so have to pay to get our stuff over to England first. The agent on the IOM who packs for John Mason charges about £2k so think we have done alright in the end.

Claire

We are on flight No EK432 from Dubai to Brisbane.

Good luck with your exam next week.

Wilma

Hi Wilma,

Thanks re exam, fingers crossed!!

We're on the same flight, so I'll keep my eyes open for 2 frustated auld yins with bored teens speaking with a doric twang :)

We'll be the frustated auld yins with the endlessly blethering 7 year old girl and the wild 3 year old boy!!! :)

Cheers,

Mike

Archived