Has Anyone Applied for Tasmania Sponsorship Recently?

Guest canadiantooz

Guest canadiantooz
thay seemed to go well, just waiting on the blood test results which i am sure will be fine as i was checked for everything when i was pregnant and hubby gives blood regularly, just a waitng game now with fingers crossed

Good Luck with your visa. Please update us once you get your visa.

Cheers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest canadiantooz
We sent in form 80 and 1221 anyway with our original application.

...and good luck yourself

Got my CO today :notworthy:......so one more step closer. They only have asked for Form 80 as I have frontloaded MCC and PCC.

I have a CO from team 7. How about yours? Just wanna get an idea whether its the same team working on Tassie sponsored visas.

Cheers

Nice one on getting your CO!! Where in Tassie are you thinking of going?

My CO is from team 4.

We had our medicals today, they went fine (apart from the >600 mile round trip to do them!) just need to wait 2 weeks for the blood test results. Also our police checks should be imminent (we've had email confirmation though) so it's all progressing...

As always, I'll post as things progress

Guest canadiantooz
Nice one on getting your CO!! Where in Tassie are you thinking of going?

My CO is from team 4.

We had our medicals today, they went fine (apart from the >600 mile round trip to do them!) just need to wait 2 weeks for the blood test results. Also our police checks should be imminent (we've had email confirmation though) so it's all progressing...

As always, I'll post as things progress

Planning to go to Hobart and area. How about you? I have uploaded everything so now the wait begins.....:smile:

Guest canadiantooz
Same - Hobart and surrounds.

sounds great. Hope to see you there. We plan to move in Nov this year if we get visa before that.

Cheers

Hope to see you there indeed!

Police checks received and uploaded. Just waiting to hear back about the bllod tests/x-rays now...

I wouldn't be surprised if you get the visa granted before us as you front-loaded the medicals and police checks. Good move!

Exciting times!

Guest canadiantooz
Hope to see you there indeed!

Police checks received and uploaded. Just waiting to hear back about the bllod tests/x-rays now...

I wouldn't be surprised if you get the visa granted before us as you front-loaded the medicals and police checks. Good move!

Exciting times!

Congrat. on receiving PCC and hope both of us get our visas soon. Does your online status shows all documents as met because mine still shows required for all docs?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Blimey - I didn't know about that. I suppose if you have a good tenancy agreement that should solve that?

Looking at the finances though, especially with the housing market as it is in the UK and the current exchange rate it makes sense for us.

To be honest we didn't consider it at first but after looking at it in detail it is clearly the best way for us to go. It may be worth just having a look at some figures?

I spoke to a few letting agents and had a really long conversation with one of them. I think that while there is always the possibility of a problem a good letting agent can really help to minimise any problems if they do occur. I don't see how I could be convicted if someone was doing something illegal on my property when I was out of the country. Although having said that, "the law is an ass" is a famous quote! ;)

Another thing to consider is that you don't have to wait for the property to sell and in the UK at the moment loads of people want to rent - so we would hopefully get a good tenant quickly.

Just something to think about really. Like I say, it hadn't occurred to us but now I've looked at it, it seems to be the best option for us.

• 1 month later...

I recently applied for Tasmanian sponsorship. I was up burning the midnight oil to get it done as I was jumping on a plane for a holiday in California next day.

I was amazed to find when I next went online in the USA that my sponsorship had been granted already. It came through so fast that, with the ridiculous time difference between California and Australia, it had almost been granted before I'd even sent it - if you follow my drift!

Is it normal for them to be so fast? I was very pleased - and slightly off-list as well.

• 2 months later...

I think I might have made a terrible mistake..............:chatterbox:

I have obtained off-list Tasmanian State Sponsorship for the qualification of Welfare Worker, which is found on the SOL list Schedule 2. On October 8th I lodged an application for a 176 visa.

I think this might put me in Priority Processing Group 5, which I believe are due to finally granted when hell freezes over. It's my understanding that only off-list nominations on SOL list 1 will be processed as a category 4.

Can someone confirm that this is the case?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest canadiantooz

Runslikefish - I know we applied with only a couple of weeks difference but I don't know why it took them so long to grant but well worth waiting in the end. So how is new life in Tassie going and where you are staying in Tassie?

Would the grant letter be enough to travel to OZ or do I need to get visa label in passports? Also, is there DIAC office in Tassie where I can ger visa label in passports after I aarive there?

I plan to come in couple of months. Did you stay in short term rental accomodation? If yes, I would greatly appreciate if you can please share?

Cheers,

Archived