Visa 175, when do I go for medicals?

nikkib

Hi, I submitted my applicatin on the 19th May 2011, and my status says the health requirement are outstanding, and other medical items are required. From other posts on here, I thought you did not get the medicals done until they allocated a CO, but from my status this does not appear to be the case.

Anyone have any ideas, do they send an email when they want them?

Don't want to do them, then find they are out of date in a years time.

thanks

May be worth ringing them not e-mailing as they take forever to get back to you.

Usually and how I have always understood, once you are assigned a CO they will tell you to get your Medicals and police checks done, as you have 1 year from the date they are completed to enter Australia.

Some people have front loaded them with their application but this does not necessarily mean your application will be processed sooner and risk the trouble and expense of having to have them done again.

This is what I thought, you have to wait for a CO to be assigned. May ring them in the early hours tomorrow. Can't see our application being dealt with in a year, and do not want the cost again.

Hi, I submitted my applicatin on the 19th May 2011, and my status says the health requirement are outstanding, and other medical items are required. From other posts on here, I thought you did not get the medicals done until they allocated a CO, but from my status this does not appear to be the case.

Anyone have any ideas, do they send an email when they want them?

Don't want to do them, then find they are out of date in a years time.

thanks

Hi

It will say "outstanding" until you have actually had them done. You shouldn't get them done until asked to do so by your CO when you get one. You will also notice on the documents checklist that none of your documents show as being uploaded (even though you may well have done it) This also doesn't change to "Met" until your CO checks them and changes it. Nothing to worry about.

Good luck with your visa app.

• 1 month later...
Guest ozmigration

Hey,

I was wondering what message you read when you click on message icon while checking online application status.

As i also havent done medicals and waiting for CO, while i click on healht message icone it says

Applicant required to undergo a Chest X-Ray examination (If the applicant has not already undergone a chest X-ray for the purposes of this application, Form 160EH is to be completed for offshore applicants and Form 160A is to be completed for onshore applicants).

If required, select the Download health forms link or the General Skilled Migration Document Checklist link on Application Status Page to download the relevant health forms for this applicant.

Does your message also says same, pls share.

Thanks

Its the same message on mine, docs are still outstanding nothing met, but this is beacuse we don't have a CO even once you get a CO things on the web site might never change as some teams don't update the website.

Just sit tight and wait till asked.

Guest Big Gorr

Hi,

I applied at back end of Feb 2011 as an Electrician on 175. I got a letter emailed on 18th March with a reference number telling me to proceed with Medicals and Police checks as it was anticipated I would have a C/O within 3 months. This was further backed up on 8th June Application Allocation update via an attachment. It explained about who had received these letters and why. It also stated that you should not do medicals etc if you had not received this letter. I did as they said and I still haven't got a C/O after 3 1/2 months. They have changed processing groups on 1st July and I am now in group 4 not 3. I don't know if the letter still stands or not. At the price of the medicals it's not worth the risk. You can do the police checks if you want to chance it as they are only £35 each person over 16 years of age. It is frustrating as you can't contact them until you have a C/O.

Good luck,

Mick

• 1 month later...

Archived